Prologue

The glass shattered in a million pieces when it clashed with the slit of exposed tiled floor.

"Goddamn it," I whispered to myself as I bent down to pick up the pieces.

After I got back up, I grabbed another glass off the shelf and poured Jack Daniels instead of Jameson without thinking.

I placed the glass in front of the drunk guy in the leather jacket. He was shouting his drink order at me for a while now.

His brown eyes followed me down the bar as I began pouring more drinks.

The night was busy and I had a million things going on in my mind as the young girls in front of me downed their shots of tequila.

"Hey!" I heard him yell.

I was about to walk over when I was called for by another guy. He passed me the bills in his hand and I poured him his drink first.

"Hey!" It was him again.

I attempted to walk over to him again but the other bartender came my way and asked for my help. I helped her with the drinks in her hand out of pity.

"Hey!" A third yell coming my way.

Before I knew it a glass was flying my way.

I dipped my head to my left as the glass shattered on the wooden column behind me, the drink sprinkling down my back.

"Hey!" I yelled back.

"Hey!" He yelled again about to fall off his seat.

My boss came to the rescue and took the guy by his arms, aggressively might I add.

"I asked for Jameson you stupid bitch!" He yelled as he was kicked out.

"Jesus fucking Christ," I said.

"You alright Violet?" asked my boss Joel.

"Yeah, fine," I shrugged it off as I wiped the alcohol from my right shoulder.