Chapter 15 ● All My Loving

I ran out the door when mention of my rent came out of my landlords mouth.

I was walking to meet Alex at some record store and the heat was horrendous making my feet ache. When I arrived Alex was already leaving with two black plastic bags in hand.

"What happened?" I asked and caught his attention.

"You're half an hour late," he spoke.

"I am so sorry, I knew I was late but not that late- why don't we go in-"

"It's fine, I already bought it all anyway," he offered me a smile. "I'll show you the records back at your place."

"Sorry again," I let out a sigh. "That looks heavy, you want some help?" I ask.

"No girlfriend of mine carries stuff while I'm around," he nodded for me to follow him back home.

Alex gave me a peck on my cheek when I caught up to him and we walked back to my place. I tried to be as quiet as possible when we arrived but Alex didn't seem to catch on and my landlord came barging out. 

I quickly slammed the door in front of his face when we entered my apartment but he kept yelling.

"Rent?" Alex asked.

"I'll have the money by tomorrow. I swear." I put my hand up.

"Tell him that, not me," he ordered me before rolling his eyes.

I go and take two beers out of the fridge whilst Alex clears a messy desk of mine and begins plugging in a record player.

"8 months I've known you, 6 months I've dated you, and never have I once heard you sing along to the music I play at my place, or hear you sing at all for that matter," he began.

"Listening is not my thing, I'm more of a visual person," I joked as I handed him his bottle.

"Oh yeah?" he laughed.

"Yeah," I smirked.

He grabbed my chin between his thumb and index finger and brought my lips closer to his. We stood there kissing for what felt like forever before his phone rang.

"Which phone is that?" I inquired.

"From now on, I have one phone," he said as he shut off the second one and threw it onto my couch, making me smile the most genuine smile I think I've ever given him. 

I know he wanted to leave it all before but to know I'm making him actually do it, makes me feel loved.

Alex's POV

I walk over to the turntable I bought her, one of those that flipped a record by itself, and placed my favorite record on it.

I throw myself on her bed after taking off my shoes and pat the side of the mattress that's next to me, gesturing for her to come over. She does so with a smile on her face and jumps into the bed. The room is filled with an orange glow as the sun sets and the sound of cars honking is heard behind the melody of my favorite song.

I hand her the cover and tell her a little about the album and the band as we listen. When the next song started I put the piece cardboard on the nightstand next to us and the beers we had in hand as well.

I pull up the sheets that were by my feet and cover us both with it, all the way above or heads. I love the sound of her laughter. I can't help but smile every time I hear it. 

I begin to kiss her neck when she makes a sound that made me stop. 

Violet began singing along to the song. Everything but her voice was silenced as I stared into her eyes and she whispered the lyrics to me. I was stunned.

"I do listen," she whispered.

What I thought next was instantly muttered without skipping a beat.

"I love you, Violet."

She stared up at me, it didn't look like she was gonna repeat the words back to me for a second and the song kept playing, in slo-mo this time around as I waited impatiently.

"I love you, Alex."

I slowly pressed my lips onto hers and shifted my right hand upwards to her left one. I placed my fingers in between hers and grasped as she grasped back.

The whole affair was like something out of a book. 

We slowly undressed each other, still managing to keep it sensual, our lips were never more than ten seconds apart, our eyes always landed on one another's and it made it all the more special.

I've been with plenty of girls but none like her. No experience like that.

I love her and she loves me, and I may sound corny but, this is true love. I finally get to experience it.

Violet makes me want to run up to every rooftop in the city and shout her name out into the sky.

This is all too surreal for me, the notion of love, but she makes it worthwhile and I'm glad she's in my life. I wouldn't give her up for the world.