Chapter 20: A Star Is Born

May 20, 2002

Chris' POV:

I look out the window of the car as aunt Janet was driving me to her house. I'm sleeping over at her house for the weekend while everyone else is back at home. We come to stop as she pulls up next to a gas pump.

"I'll be right back I'm gonna go pay for gas ok?" She says. "Can I get something from inside? I have my own money" I ask her. "Ok come on sweetheart" she says and I get out of the car.

I hold the door open for her as we enter the gas station and I go right to the chips. As I look for what chips I sing Usher's song 'My Way' quietly, or so I thought. "Hey kid what's your name?" A tall black man asks me as he comes up to me.

"Chris, why?" I ask him. "I'm Clarence Jenkins from MiRecordings right now me and my parter LaMont Fleming are "shopping" for new talent and can I say I am very impressed with your singing and you are just the talent we were looking for. We would enjoy it if  you would like to join our company" he says.

"What, really me?" I ask in shock, is my dream really coming true? "Yes really kid, you're amazing! Do you have your parent with you?" He asks me as I'm still in shock. "Uh no but I have my aunt with me is that ok?" I ask him hoping I didn't blow my chance of becoming a star."Yes that'll do for the moment" he says. "Ok come with me she's over here" I say bringing him to slushie area.

I tap her shoulder lightly to get her attention, she turns around and he gasps. "Aunt Janet, this is Lamont from a recording studio he was listening to me singing and he wants to sign me" I tell her.

"Really?" She asks him and he shakes his head yes. "Yes ma'am Your nephew has such an amazing voice and like he said my partner and I are looking for new talent to sign to the recording studio we work at and he's exactly what we're looking for. Also here's my card if you don't believe me" he says handing her his card that she looks over carefully.

"Well I'm not the one who who has a say in this but if I did I would say yes" she says. "Ok well how about you take my card and give me a call whenever you're ready, that'll also give you time to think about this" he says. "That's right, you know Chris being a superstar is not as easy as you think" she says.

"Well I wanna give it a shot" I say. I'm positive about being a superstar that's all I ever really wanted to be from a young age. "Ok well thank you Lamont I'll have his father give you a call" Aunt Janet says shaking his hand.

"Alright, have a wonderful evening" he says as he walks away. "Do you think dad would say yes?" I ask Aunt Janet. "Maybe but I don't know" she says after paying the worker before walking to her car.

The ride to her house was quiet mostly me thinking about finally becoming a star. Dad said he'll support us in whatever we want to be, so he'll support me in this, right?
________________________________

September 30th, 2002

Chris' POV:

After my weekend with aunt Janet last month she gave dad Lamont's business card for me. He thought about it for a couple of weeks before finally agreeing to call him and make allow me to be a star.

We celebrated by riding rides and petting the animals at home. After that dad called LaMont and he started helping me with vocal coaching and the team helped to arrange a demo package and approached contacts in New York to seek a record deal.

Eventually we got a call from Tina Davis, a senior A&R executive at Def Jam Recordings, wanted me to audition for her in her office in New York City she even said she'll pay for the plane ticket but of course dad said she doesn't need to do that, he'll pay it himself.

The next day I auditioned in her office she was so impressed that she immediately took me to meet the president of the Island Def Jam Music Group, Antonio "L.A." Reid, who offered to sign me that day. Crazy right!

After I got signed we immediately started working on my very first ep called "C-Sizzle Undiscovered" which has been out since August 1st and if you didn't know by now C-Sizzle is my stage name. It was nice hearing myself on the radio just like my dad who was super proud of me including all my siblings.

But of course it was too good to be true, my contract with Def Jam Music Group came to an end and to make it worse Tina lost her job due to a corporate merger. Since she was the one who technically started my career I asked her to be my manager, and once she accepted, she promoted me to labels such as Jive Records, J-Records and Warner Bros. Records.

I ultimately chose Jive due to its successful work with popular young acts such as Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake. And now that I got y'all caught up with what's going on with me, I guess you can say 2002 has been a pretty good year to me.

Right now I'm at home watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force, even though dad allow me to watch that show because I'm not old enough yet but I still do when he's sleeping. Speaking of sleeping that's what I'm supposed to be doing right now but instead unlike everyone else in the house I'm watching tv.

It's currently 12pm at night and I have school at 8 tomorrow, well technically today but still. I have such an off sleeping schedule that there's no point in fixing it now. Bruno is so lucky, this is his last year of school unlike me.

Bruno says once he's finished with high school, he's gonna move out and start working on getting a career in music and I'm gonna support him the whole way just like he's done to me. But the school years almost over and I'm not ready for him to move out and neither is dad, after all he is my big brother and dads first born.

I finally start to get sleepy so I sneak back downstairs and put the food back in the fridge then sneak right back up to my room after that I turn off the lights then the tv before going to bed.

_________________________________

Hey guys if you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment!