Chapter 23: People v. Michael Jackson

January 31, 2005

Michael's POV:

The jury selection for my trial began today and my lawyer Tom Mesereau is going to be helping me seek justice. Outside the courtroom, 2,200 reporters covered the trial—more than the O. J. Simpson and Scott Peterson trials combined.

Because no television cameras were allowed inside the courtroom, E! and British Sky Broadcasting broadcast a re-enactment of the trial. Prince, Paris and Blanket are staying at home with a nanny while Bruno and Chris are here at the court including Chanel.

The first witness the prosecution called was Martin Bashir, who unsuccessfully fought his subpoena and brought an attorney with him from ABC. His direct testimony was short.

He gave some career background and testified that he had produced the show "Living With Michael Jackson", which was then played in its entirety for the courtroom.

In cross examination, Martin's attorney objected to most of the questions, citing the California Constitution's journalist shield law and the First Amendment privilege for journalists, which he believed exempted Martin from questions relating to unpublished footage of his documentary or to information about how it was prepared and produced.

Judge Melville decided that he would overrule the objections, giving Bashir the choice to either answer or to follow his lawyer's advice. while Judge Melville would review the testimony later to decide whether to charge Martin with contempt of court.

Martin refused to answer any questions his attorney objected to, which mostly pertained to examples the defense suggested of Martin's deceiving and manipulating me.

After awhile the first day of trial closes and it was time to go home. "Dad why don't you come to our house for a little bit?" Bruno asks, I don't say anything back I just shake my head ok.

After a very quiet car ride we get to Bruno and Chanel's apartment. I don't know what came over me but I just broke down and started crying. Bruno and Chanel instantly ran over to me and started hugging me, telling me everything's gonna be alright.

"It's gonna be alright dad" he tells me while he holds me. "Everything isn't gonna be ok!" I say to him. "You don't know what it's like when the whole entire world thinks that you're a child molester!" I snap at him.

I didn't really mean to snap at him I'm just stressed out to the max. "I'm sorry Bruno I didn't mean to snap at you" I say wiping my tears away. "It's ok dad I know" he says. Just then Chanel comes over with a cup of tea for me and I thank her for it. When I finish my tea I hug both of them very tightly before going home.
____________________________________

November 29, 2005

Chris' POV:

After weeks of label searching, I signed a deal with Jive Records on Christmas Eve of 2004. I dropped out of tenth grade when the school year was finished and immediately got a tutor. I began recording my new debut album at Miami, Florida, with Mark Pitts, a Jive A&R representative who helped me get signed to the label.

We worked on 50 songs before coming to a final 14 tracks to be included on my first album. The hardest part was coming up with a title for the album. At first the album was initially titled Young Love, however, with that idea for the album title has been discarded I thought it was "too kiddie".

My official debut single from the album, "Run It!" was released on June 30 of this year. The song features guest vocals from a popular rapper Juelz Santana. It reached number one on the US Billboard Hot 100, where it stayed for over five weeks, and also achieved continuous airplays, also topping on the airplays for the Billboard Hot 100!

My second single, "Yo (Excuse Me Miss)" was released on December 13, 2005. The song's production was handled by the duo Dre & Vidal. The song became a yet another top 10.

The remix to my third single "Gimme That", which features guest vocals from Lil Wayne, will be released as the album's third single on May 7 next year. My album's fourth single, "Say Goodbye" will released on August 8 of next year. The song's production was handled by Bryan-Michael Cox.

My album debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200, with first-week sales of 154,000 copies. When my dad told me that I surprised because I didn't think the album was that good.

He was super proud of me and threw a celebration party for me at home with my whole family before we moved houses. The trial ended June 13, when the jury delivered a verdict of not guilty on all fourteen charges, which included the above ten plus four lesser misdemeanor counts.

I always had a bad feeling whenever Gavin and his came over it was like they were up to something. After the trial, we moved to all the way to Bahrain without Bruno. Once we got to the new place we went on a shopping spree at a book store.

This new place is nice and all but I feel like I don't belong here. I miss Neverland and my family and friends. At least the good news is dad says that if don't like it in 5 weeks then I can ask Bruno or another family member if I can live with them.

I would hate to leave dad and my younger siblings but I just feel out of place here. Everything here is so different then back in the states, really different. So I think moving back is the best idea.

Dad and my siblings are all in their own rooms probably watching tv or something but it's getting late so I hop in the shower. When I finish showering I wrap a towel around my waist before I lotion up and get ready for bed.
_________________________________

Hey guys if you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment!