Chapter 12: Downfall and Depression

At rehearsals for the Dangerous World Tour November 11,1992

Michael's POV:

Today we are doing one last rehearsing for my concert tonight. This time the boys aren't with me they're back in California with my mother and Joseph, and I miss them both dearly.

"Michael are you gonna dance or are you gonna watch?" One of the stage directors asked me. "Yeah I'm just gonna watch" I say into the microphone fixing my in-ear monitor that was falling out.

I sat down at the edge of the stage and watched the dancers act out like they're supposed to for my song 'the way you make me feel'. "You give me fever like I've never known" I speak into the microphone, "You're just a product of loveliness, I like the grove of your walk, your talk, your dress."

"You give me fever from miles around, I'll pick you up in my car, and we'll paint the town. Just kiss me baby and tell me twice, that you're the one for me, the way you make me feel"

"You really turn me on, you knock me off my feet, my lonely days are gone, go on girl! Go on!" I skip to the break dance.

"You should really work on stage, work it, this is your moment!" I tell her as the guys do their part. "Yeah, yeah!" I say encouraging them.

I was about to say something in the mic when suddenly Karen came over to me. "Michael I have some bad news to tell you" she says getting prepared for what will be the worst thing possible.

"Michael Evan Chandler, Jordie Chandeler's father has accused you of sexually molesting Jordie, and he told the tabloids now it's out in the public." She finishes.

I was completely frozen in shock at that point. I would never do anything like that to a child. All I could think of at this point is to cry so that's exactly what I did. What did I do to deserve this treatment from everybody? What did I do to them to make my life a living hell?

After crying my eyes out I had to tell everyone after this show I have to cancel the rest of the tour due to the accusations and court dates that are now surrounding me, which was the hardest thing to do because I hate disappointing my fans.

Thankfully they all understood and we finished up the last of rehearsals.
_________________________________

Back home at hayvenhurst

Bruno's POV:

Dad's back on tour without me and Chris. I wish I could've gone but he said I had to stay because I have school. Right now I'm in the living room with grandma, grandpa and Chris who I'm playing with.

"Grandpa when's dad coming back? I hope he comes back for my birthday next month" I ask and tell him sitting next to him and he puts me on his lap.

"Don't worry Bruno he's gonna be back home just in time" he assures me and I just lean my head against him sighing.

He changes the tv to the news channel and a picture of my dad pops up. "What the hell" grandpa says under his breath. "Katie get in here quick! It's Michael he's on the tv!" Grandpa yells out to grandma who's in the kitchen.

"Singer Michael Jackson has been accused of sexual molestation of a 13 year old boy Jordan Chandler" the news reporter says.