Chapter 17: Invincible

New York City 1999

Michael's POV:

Today I have a photo shoot all they way in New York City for Albert Watson. I have a busy schedule this year, I have a interview with MTV for 100 Greatest Music Videos Ever Made, two charity concerts in Europe and Asia in June, another photo shoot for TV Guid magazine in December and I have to go in the studio to record my next album.

I don't know how I'm going to get through all this without being able to sleep on my own if doctor Conrad is busy. My body became so dependent on propofol that it doesn't knock me out right away anymore.

I have the whole family with me right now as we're sightseeing New York before my photo shoot we decided to go to the mall. "Dad can I get this" Chris says showing me a high priced gold watch. "Yeah sure but not right now I'll get it before we leave the store" I replied and he nods ok.

"Bruno don't you want anything?" I ask him as he's looking around the jewelry store. "I thinking about this necklace" he answered back. It was a gold necklace with a cross, and I think it totally fits his style.

He's not really into flashy things unlike Chris who likes all the flashy things. "Well you can get it if you want it" I reassure him. We ended up getting the watch and the necklace before going into a gaming store.

After going to gaming store and buying the boys 10 each, then going to a clothing store and buying everyone a whole outfit. We choose to stop at the food court for lunch. "Is everyone having fun so far?" I say starting a conversation.

"I did thanks dad you're the best" Chris said and I smile. "Yeah thanks dad" Bruno says happily. "No problem, is there anywhere else you guys wanna go?" I ask them. "Can we go to the cologne store? I'm running out and I really need some more" Bruno suggested nicely.

"Sure let's go" I reply back getting up out of my seat. I made sure they cleaned up their mess before we headed off to the cologne store. After about an hour or so Bruno wanted to go to a guitar store that he spotted on the way going to the cologne store.

I told him he could go by himself since he is 13 years old now and doesn't need me to watch his every move anymore, I gotta give him some space to breathe. I have him $300 before he goes off on his own. Now it's just Chris, Prince, Paris and I walking around.

"Dad can I move here when I turn 15?" Chris asks me out of nowhere. "What?" I ask him just making sure I heard him the first time. "Can I move here when I turn 15? I want to start my music career here" He says.

I think about it for some time, 15 is too young for a kid to be out on their own. He won't even be able to get a job yet let alone get a house, but if he wants to fulfill his dreams then I guess so. "Yeah I guess, but you have to call me everyday, also if it doesn't work out you come home straight away you hear me?" I tell him. "Yes dad I will" he assures me.

Just then Bruno comes back with a acoustic guitar and a ukulele with a pick for the guitar. "Come to think of it can you even play the guitar?" I ask him confused. "No, but I'm gonna teach my self" he replies back.

"You know you have two uncles and a grandpa who can play the guitar right?" I tell him. "Yeah I know but I wanna do this by myself" he says and I just leave it at that. I look at my watch and I see that I have exactly 50 minuets left until my photo shoot.

"Alright you guys let's head back to the hotel" I announced. We get all of our stuff and headed to the car where we would be taken to our hotel suite. After everyone gets settled I take a quick shower before leaving. "Bruno you're in charge while I'm gone!" I say as I exit. "Ok dad bye love you!" He says as I close the door.
__________________________________

At the hotel

Bruno's POV:

"Bruno can I get a snack?" Prince says. "Ok what do you want I guess?" I ask him. "Carrots" he simply says. I go in the fridge and look for some baby carrots "aha there you are" I say as I find them. "Here you go" I say as I give them to Prince.

Once he finishes I pick him up and bring him to the living room to watch cartoons. "Why'd you buy a guitar if you can play?" Chris asks. "So I can learn how to obviously" I said to him.

"Obviously" he says mockingly and I roll my eyes "jackass" I muttered under my breath. "I heard that, and I'm telling dad you said a bad word" he says. "Like you haven't said a bad word before" I say rolling my eyes at him.

"I haven't thank you very much" he says in his defense. "Yeah, ok" I say sarcastically. I ignore him as I pick up my guitar and start strumming it. This is not gonna be easy I think to my self.

It starts to get dark outside and dad hasn't come back to hotel yet. Prince and Paris are already asleep, it's just me and Chris who are up. "Bruno can I tell you a secret but you have to promise not to tell dad" he asks and I look at him and I could tell that he is serious.

"Yeah sure, what's up?" I say putting my full attention on him. "I lost my virginity when I was 8" he says and I choke on my spit. "You what?" I say just for clarification while he pats my back. "I lost my virginity when I was 8" he repeated.

"To who? You are too young to be having sex and you know that" I lecture to him. "Don't worry it was only one time," he says like that makes it any better "and I can't say her name" he finishes truthfully. "Please don't tell dad" he begs me. "I told already, I'm not gonna tell dad, just please don't do it again" I tell him. "I promise I won't do it again" he reassures.

And with that the hotel door opens with dad walking in with McDonald's. "I back! And I brought McDonald's!" He says and we go into the kitchen, each of us giving him a hug. "Thanks dad" I said before getting my burger and fries.

"No problem, where's Prince and Paris?" he asks me. "Oh they're sleeping on the floor" I replied back. He nods his head ok before taking some of my fries and getting Prince and Paris so he could give them a bath. "Hey Chris, when you're done eating make sure you take a shower before you go to bed" I tell him.

"Ok, oh and thanks for taking care of me like a big brother should" he says while he give me a hug that I gladly accepted. "You don't have to thank me that's what I'm supposed to do" I say as he lets go. He finishes up his food before getting up to clean his mess and going in the room to take a shower.

He finally gets out about an hour or so. He probably used all the hot water as usual. I got right in the shower washing my hair and body thoroughly. When I got out the shower I wrapped a towel around my waist before heading into the room to lotion up. Then I put on a plain black shirt and some sweats before going to bed.
_________________________________

Hey guys if you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment!