Chapter 6: Little Elvis

October 8, 1987

Michael's POV:

It's officially Brunos 2nd birthday! Even though I'm a Jehovah's Witness and we're not supposedly celebrate birthdays and holidays my children will be celebrating every holiday even if it kills me.

I get out of bed and took a shower and did my hygiene stuff before waking up Bruno.
"Wake up Bruno do you know what day it is?" I ask him excitedly and he shakes his head no.
"It's your birthday!" And with that he jumps up wide awake making me giggle.
"Well cmon let's get ready for your big day!" I say getting him out of his crib and giving him a bath before heading down for breakfast at the hotel with the rest of the band.

Once they see me and Bruno they all said "happy birthday Bruno!" And Bruno just leaned his head on my chest.
I sit him in a high chair and started getting our breakfast. After breakfast I asked him what he wanted to do.
"I dunno daddy" he says while playing with his toys
"Well we can go to Disneyland" I say and he shakes his head yes.
"Alright Disneyland it is" I say as I get in the car and my personal driver takes us to Disneyland.
Once we get into Disneyland I told them it was his birthday so they started to sing happy birthday to him.
After they sung happy birthday to him we went to Disneyland Railroad. After that of course we went to see Captain Eo. After a little while it was time to go back to the hotel.
As we got in the car I called Karen and asked her if she could get a Mickey Mouse birthday cake for Bruno. Before long we were back at the hotel.
__________________________________
As soon as I opened the hotel room the whole band started yelling "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRUNO!" Earning a smile from him and myself.
I put him on my lap as I sat down in a chair in front of the cake and we all started singing happy birthday to him.
"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Bruno, happy birthday to you!"
"Blow out the candles Bruno" I say happily.
He tries to blow out the candles but fails so I help him blow them out .
"Yay!" Everybody says after that we all got some cake and ice cream. Bruno ended up making a mess on himself and Karen took a picture of it.
"Aww he's too cute" she says handing me the picture.
"I know isn't he?" I say cleaning him up.
I went to go sit on the couch with him on my lap and turned on the tv and Elvis was on.

Instantly Bruno got off of my lap and sat close to the tv watching him.
"Not to close bud" I say and he scoots back a little.
"Woah" he says and I smile.
He gets up and tries to dance like him and it reminded me of my self when I was little watching James Brown.
I get up and help him move his legs like how Elvis does and in no time Bruno was doing it like a pro.
"Yeah you got it!" I say to him as he's dancing and everyone claps.
After awhile the song ends and he stops dancing.
"I wanna be like him daddy" he says.
"Well you're gonna have to practice a lot if you wanna be like him are you sure?" I ask him.
"Yes daddy I'm sure" he says.

If my children want to become singers or whatever I'll let them do it as long as their happy. I'll even help them not the way Joseph did with me and my siblings but I'll guide them until they're ready to be on their own. All I want is the best for my kids.
___________________________________
I asked Karen if she can watch Bruno for a little while and went into the bedroom in the hotel room and grabbed a piece of paper and wrote a note for the tabloids.
"Like the old Indian proverbs says, do not judge a man until you walked 2 moons in his moccasins. Most people don't know me, that is why they write such things in which most is not true. I cry very often because it hurts I worry about the children. All my children all over the world, I live for them. If a man could say nothing against a character but what he could prove, history could not be written. Animals strike, not from malice but because they want to live, it is the same with them who criticize, they desire our blood, not our pain. But still I must achieve I must seek truth in all things. I must endure the power I was sent for, for the world for the children. But have mercy for I have been bleeding for a long time now. IM NOT WACKO"

Little did I know the last sentence of my letter was only going to make it worse

I quickly wiped the tears that were starting to fall from my eye and gave the paper to my bodyguard to give to the tabloids.
__________________________________
I went in the restroom and looked at myself in the mirror disgusted with how I looked. "I look like a ugly lizard" I say to myself in the mirror with now water flowing eyes. "I got this ugly spot on my face and this ugly nose. I'm hideous!" I say getting angry at myself and grabbing the sides of the sink sniffing and crying.
Suddenly there was a knock on the restroom door. "Just a moment!" I told them as I was wiping my face and straightening up. I opened the door only to see my friend Sheryl.
"Sorry I didn't mean to take so long" I said getting out.
"Oh no it's fine, I was just looking for you because I wanted to tell you Bruno said he was tired."
"Oh ok thank you for telling me" I said as I was about to head out the room.
"Wait Michael, I heard you crying is everything alright?" She asks.
"No everything is fine" I lied. I really don't hate lying to people but I can't open up about my insecurities.
"Cmon mike you can tell me anything I promise I won't judge you" She says.
I think about it for a minute before finally saying "ok I trust you" I said before sitting down at the foot of the bed and telling her everything. We ended up talking longer than expected before getting interrupted by Bruno knocking on the door and opening it. "Daddy I'm tired" he said walking over to me. "Alright bud lets go to bed, you can take a bath tomorrow morning"
I say changing him into his pjs before putting him to bed.
After awhile he fell asleep and everybody else just went back to their hotel rooms except for Sheryl.
We ended up talking and laughing late into the night before it was time for her to go.
"I had a great time Mr.Jackson" She says as I lean against the door.
"Yeah me too thanks for talking to me and not judging me" I say to her.
"You don't have to thank me Michael" she says as she leaned in for a hug and I hug her back. After our hug I lean in and kiss her passionately. She puts her hands on each side of my cheek and kisses me back.
We finally broke the kiss a few minuets later and we both smile.
"I'll see you tomorrow Mr.Jackson" she says before turning around to walk to her hotel room.
I watch her walk away and I couldn't help but look at her ass.
"Damn." I mutter quietly before going back in my hotel room and changing into my pjs before falling on the bed and going to sleep.
___________________________________

Hey guys if you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment! The feedback really helps!