Two | unpredictable

Calum's POV

After smashing my cigarette to pieces, I caught the new girl staring at me. Nothing I'm not used to. I met her eyes for a second only for her to turn the other way back into the crappy house. I didn't have time to worry bout some new girl. I had my own problems I was dealing with at the moment. Plus she was nowhere near my type. I got the typical good girl vibe just seeing from chatting with the boys.

Walking back into the house was the biggest mistake. The boys were all gossiping bout this Amelia girl. Their comments bothered me to the core.

"Never trust a person you just met lads." I huffed pulling water out of the broken fridge.

"She couldn't even hurt a fly." Luke defends her. "What's up Hood? You've been acting weird ever since we first saw her."

"Nothing," I mumbled under my breath. Everything was wrong. "Stop trusting someone you just met five minutes ago."

"Is it because Brie lived in that house?" Ashton began to interrogate me. It took everything out of me not to beat the shit out of him. He knew better than to bring up her name. I walked out before I could make things worse than they already were. I trudged up to my room making sure I had privacy by locking the door behind me.

—————

Amelia's POV

Hours seemed to be going by slowly. I was eager to hear the boys perform tonight, but I was really more interested in seeing how Calum actually is as a person in the public. He was a mysterious one. I wanted to figure him out more than anything, he was going to be a challenge.

I busied myself with unpacking for the meantime. Unpacking most of my things before I got a text from Ashton.

From Ashton: leaving in about 30!

To Ashton: I'm a girl I need more than that 🥲

From Ashton: sorry forgot that women need an hour's notice. I'll remember that for next time 😆

I let out a breathy chuckle. Placing my phone down, now came the challenge of searching what to wear. I narrowed my choices and eventually settled on ripped skinny jeans, a black fitting crop top along with a black sleek leather jacket. Looking at the time, it was running out. I quickly did makeup and brushed through my knotted, messy hair. Approving my look I grabbed my purse and phone and rushed out the door to meet the boys.

"Wow Amelia, you look great." Ashton compliments.

"Thanks, I was worried I overdid it."

"Nope." He says popping the p. The door to their house swung open revealing Luke, Michael, and Calum carrying out guitar cases. Calum's toned arm flexed along as the case swing back and forth. I turned my attention back to Ashton but could feel Calum's eyes burning straight through my skull.

"Alright, let's get this show on the road," Luke says piling the cases in the back.

| S H O W |

Sitting down in the barstool, I continued to watch drunk people wander across the bar. It was funny watching them trip and stumble, it gave me a good laugh and a good source of entertainment while I was waiting for the boys.

"Ladies and gentlemen, 5 Seconds of Summer."

"Hey guys, thanks for coming out. This is Unpredictable."

She sits at home with the lights out
Seeing life in different colors
I think it's time that we wake up
So let me take you away

We can run down the street
With the stars in our eyes
We can tear down this town
In the dark of the night
Just open the door
We've got time on our side
We can make it out alive

Hey we're taking on the world
I'll take you where you wanna go
Pick you up if you fall to pieces
Let me be the one to save you
Break the plans we had before
Let's be unpredictable
Pick you up if you fall to pieces
Let me be the one to save you

It took so long to convince you
I knew I had to show my colors
You never wanted to be rescued
But now we're drifting away

We can run down the street
With the stars in our eyes
We can tear down this town
In the dark of the night
Just open the door
We've got time on our side
We can make it out alive

Hey we're taking on the world
I'll take you where you wanna go
Pick you up if you fall to pieces
Let me be the one to save you
Break the plans we had before
Let's be unpredictable
Pick you up if you fall to pieces
Let me be the one to save you

Earthquakes won't wait for another day
Don't say I know I never said it
I never said it, oh
One day we can make it out alive

Hey we're taking on the world
I'll take you where you wanna go
Pick you up if you fall to pieces
Let me be the one to save you
Break the plans we had before
Let's be unpredictable
Pick you up if you fall to pieces
Let me be the one to save you

So let go!
Till' we've lost control
And we'll stumble through it all
Let's do something new and unpredictable

It was a catchy song for sure, their vibe on stage was contagious. I caught myself dancing to it which is very rare. They covered a hand full of originals after their opening song. I was in awe of how good they were also how confident they all were up there. Calum stood out to me most of the time. He revealed a side of him I thought never existed. He was passionate. Passionate about playing the bass and singing. I may have misjudged him.

"Amelia!" Someone yells over the chatter of the crowd. I see the boys maneuvering through the crowd to get to where I was. "How'd you like the show?" Michael asks.

"I didn't like it." My voice trails off. "I LOVED IT!" I exclaimed making their frowns turn into grins. "Why didn't you guys tell me you were that good?"

"Well we don't want to be cocky or anything, but yeah we are pretty good." Luke jokes making the whole group chuckle. "Set aside the performance and let's party!"