Thirty Two | just saying

Amelia's POV

Upon arriving at the house, everyone congratulated us, well, everyone but Ashton. He was nowhere to be seen, Luke said he'd gone out a few hours after Calum and I had initially left.

"I'm going to get a glass of water, I'll be back. Do you want anything?" I asked throwing the covers off, setting my phone on the nightstand. Calum shakes his head, I walked downstairs. I grabbed my glass of water and as I made my way up the stairs, the front door's knob was rattling, unlocking revealing Ashton. "Ashton? Where have you been?" I whispered.

"Out," Ashton replies bluntly. "What's that?" Ashton questions pointing at my hand.

"Calum proposed, I thought you knew?"

"Calum doesn't tell me shit anymore." Ashton slurs.

"Ashton, we can't keep doing this. The longer you hold on to this the longer it will last, and the worse it will get." I replied. "Go get some rest, you're wasted as hell." I rolled my eyes.

"You know Amelia, no, because I want to talk about this now."

"Well, I don't, not until you sober up," I argued back. "Nothing is going to happen between us Ashton, and I'm sorry you feel like crap, but I'm happy with Calum. I just wish you understood that and accepted that." I turned to walk upstairs but Ashton forcefully grabbed my wrist.

"Let her go." A voice angrily demanded behind me. I turned to see Calum standing on top of the staircase, his eyebrows were furrowed, his jaw clenched tightly, he looked very intimidating.

"Calum, I'm fine." I tried to ease his intensity. I knew he didn't listen to a word I said, his sight was set upon Ashton. "Calum-" Before I could get another word out Calum trudged down the stairs going after Ashton.

"I said let her go, what the fuck don't you understand?" Calum calls out getting up in Ashton's face. Ashton's face hadn't changed, his face was still stone-cold and serious. "Let. Go."

"Calum fucking Hood coming to save the day, like every other day. Taking what he doesn't deserve-"

Ashton was stopped dead sentence by Calum, who'd thrown a punch at him. Ashton's grip released my wrist as he fell back. I pushed Calum away even though his stare was still set on Ashton.

"Don't," I demanded. "You've done enough."

"What the fuck is going on?" Luke runs downstairs.

"You don't wanna know." I shook my head. "I'd just get Ashton to his room before he says anything else," I added forcing Calum upstairs. I closed Calum's bedroom door behind us, Calum frustratingly kicks something making a banging noise. His chest rises and falls rapidly as his hands ran through his hair.

"I can't do this anymore." Calum drops down to the floor. "I just want my best mate back."

"I know you do." I rubbed his back. "He'll come around, but it'll take some time. You two have been through too much not to work through this."

"You always know the right things to say, and I don't get it." He leans against the bed frame. "I don't want to do media tomorrow."

"It's apart of the job. I'm going up to my parent's place for the day."

"Media will be over by at least four o'clock. I'll be over as soon as I can."

"Invite the boys too, my mom would enjoy seeing them. Then we can break the happy news to everyone." I smile. "But I'm gonna have to hide this ring till then."

| M O R N I N G |

"Amelia?" Mom answered the door caught by surprise. "What are you doing here!" She exclaims pulling me into a hug. "It's been so long darling. How long have you been in town?"