Fourty Three | long way home

Calum's POV

Tour was finally over, and I could finally go home to Amelia and Keiva. Their unexpected visit halfway was really the boost I needed. Amelia's words stuck with me throughout the course of the tour: "Because I know for a fact that's it's your passion. I see you on stage and I see it's a safe place and it's your happy place. You forgot all the shitty stuff in this world when your singing and playing bass. I never want to take that from you. Music was in your life before I ever was."  She explained. "I don't want you jumping to conclusions. If you quit now, I don't want you years down the road regretting leaving this life and dream you've created for yourself." She added. "I think after tour you just need a break. I'm sure the boys need it as well. You just need a reset."

I finally got that break she talked about. Tour was behind me, and I could spend quality time with my family. This break didn't faze me though, the thought of quitting the band still lingered in my mind. I was serious about it. Life changed in an instant for me, my priorities shifted when Amelia, especially Keiva came into my life.

@calumhood: Thank you to everyone who came out for the tour. It was a blast rocking out with you. Thanks to @thechainsmokers for giving us this opportunity. Feels good to be going home.

Comments:@lukehemmings: what a man 😍@michaelclifford: rip Calum's blonde hair 😭@ameliaevans: see you soon love 😊🖤

Comments:
@lukehemmings: what a man 😍
@michaelclifford: rip Calum's blonde hair 😭
@ameliaevans: see you soon love 😊🖤

| L O S A N G E L E S -   H O M E |

"I'm home!" I called out into an empty-looking house. There was no response, but I heard Duke's barking from the backyard. I slide the screen door open, seeing my two girls in the grass. Duke runs up to me jumping and barking. "Hey Duke." I scratched his head setting my bags down on the concrete.

"Look who's here Keiva." Amelia points up. Keiva barely tipped her head looking up at me. Her smile directed towards me made me the happiest man alive. How lucky was I to have her.

"Hi angel." I smiled laying on my stomach. Last time I saw her she could barely sit up by herself. Here she was sitting up all by herself, and she was growing up before my own eyes. "I missed you angel." I smiled as her hands gently grabbed my face. She giggled as I gently bit her fingers with my lips. "Hi love." I sat up kissing Amelia.

"Hi love, I'm glad your back." She smiled placing her hand on the back of my neck.

"Guess what we'll be doing a month from now." 

"Umm having sex?" Amelia cheekily grinned.

"No, that would come after. I'll finally be able to call you my wife." I smiled. Amelia's face lit up with excitement. Our special day was only one month away. I'd get to call her Mrs. Hood forever and be the happiest and luckiest man in the universe.