CHAPTER 19

Author's pov

"Taemin, you can stay here" Xiumin stated as he swinged open the door.

Taemin nodded, entering the empty guest room. He smiled at the elder.

"Thank you, sorry for disturbing you" he uttered, apologizing.

"It's fine" Xiumin responded, patting his back softly.

Sehun rolled his eyes in annoyance, in his mind Taemin was just acting to be innocent and kind.

"You need to rest first" Taemin nodded and walked into the room, Xiumin left and walked out of the room.

Kai, who noticed the tense atmosphere around his wife, quickly wrapped his arms around the younger's waist.

"Let's go now"

Taemin turned his face away from the romantic scene. It was too hurting for him.

"J-Jongin" Kai stopped as he heard his name being called.

"Yes?"

Taemin truckled, he inhaled deeply before lifting his head and faced the two people.

"I'm sorry, for everything" Taemin finally said, he looked into Kai's eyes.

Kai remained silent for few seconds, he could feel Sehun's grip on his arms tightened.

"You can go first" he whispered into the younger's ears, holding his hands softly.

"But, I want to be here" Sehun replied, frowning.

"I'll settle this quickly, wait for me in the room" Kai tried to comfort his wife, staring at the guy, hoping it would make him sure.

Sehun pouted before finally nodded his head, he walked away after sending a death glare to Taemin.

"What do you want?" Kai questioned as soon as Sehun left both of them.

"I just want to say sorry" Taemin said, avoiding the stare from the taller.

"Taemin" Taemin lifted his head, hearing the deep voice.

"I'm sorry if I ever hurt you, but you should know that I never liked you more than just a friend"

Kai stated, he thought that he should say this. He didn't want things becoming worse.

Taemin tried to hold back his tears from falling, but he failed. Tears slowly flowed over his cheeks.

"It's okay, Jongin" he muttered, pulling a weak smile.

"So, I really hope, if anything happens, you are not involved" Kai walked away after saying that, leaving Taemin stiffed.

He knocked the door's room before swinging open the door.

Kai chuckled as he saw Sehun was sitting at the bedside while pouting.

"Sehun?" he uttered but the younger didn't respond.

He backhug the younger and placed his head between Sehun's neck and shoulder.

"Are you mad?"

"No!" Sehun snorted, still avoiding his husband.

"Do you wanna know something?" Kai questioned, pulling Sehun into a tighter hug.

"What?"

"You are so beautiful" Sehun's flushed, he grunted.

"Cheesy"

"But you like it" Kai smiled teasingly, before snogging the younger's cheek.

-

Xiumin frowned as he heard the door bell rang. He opened the door and rolled his eyes to see his niece standing there with his weird smile.