Lazy Days Go From Good To Great

We arrived back at the house around half eleven after Ian taking me out for a dinner. He turned the engine off and told me to wait in the car.

"What? Why?" I asked before he got out.

"You'll soon see, give me ten minutes, love you"

What is he up to? Ten minutes later he came out and got me. He put his hand over my eyes and guided me inside. I tried to open my eyes under his hand but I couldn't. I heard the door close behind us. He stood behind me before moving his hand off my eyes to my back and round to my stomach while resting his chin on my shoulder. Is it just me or is it really hot in here? I still haven't opened my eyes.

"Okay, now you can open your eyes," Ian said while rubbing his thumbs on my stomach.

I opened my eyes to see rose petals and candles everywhere. Over the floor, up the stairs, on the coffee tables. I took my white heels off and carried them while following the trail throughout the house. The deep red and pure white petals trail went from the front door, past the stairs, through the back of the family room and to the front of the kitchen. I stopped after opening the French doors at the other side of the kitchen leading out to the pool when I seen the petals went from a big strip to a love heart with a question mark in the center of it.

"What's with the question mark?" He took my bag and heels out of my hands and put them on the counter before leading me outside to stand in the middle of the love heart. Wow, what is going on?!

"Lucy, I love you so much and I would be lost without you. We have both went through so much together throughout the years. And individually helps the other when they weren't at their best. I'm gonna make this fast before a candle falls over and sets our whole house on fire." Both of us chuckled before he continued. "You are my girl and I never want that to change. So," Ian pulled a red box out of his pocket and got down on one knee. "Lucy, will you marry me?" Oh. My. God. The tears start to form in my eyes. There is a slight pause while I tried to form a word.

"Yes! Yes yes yes!" Ian took my left hand and put a big and beautiful diamond ring on my fourth finger before standing up and kissing me. This was the best kiss we've ever shared, and we've shared a lot of kisses, on and off-screen. I broke the kiss to say "We would be honoured to marry you." Ian wiped my tears with the palm of his hand. As he pulled me into another kiss.

Forty minutes later after Ian carrying me up to bed, we both collapse, sweating and panting. With our naked bodies tangled with one another and with the sheet we both fell into a deep and peaceful slumber.

We both lay in bed til 5pm before we started to get ready for the dinner at my mom's house. I feel a lot more energetic today than I did the past week because of the amount of sleep I've had. I was sick a few times yesterday but it was just morning sickness, and it sucked. But it is quite late in the day and I've not felt sick or been sick all day, and I'm hoping I won't be tonight.

After quickly curling my hair, I put on a white pair of skinny jeans and a silver floaty top. Ian and I noticed yesterday that I had the smallest bump ever and if I wore a tight top you could spot it. I put a pair of simple black heels on then walked down the stairs to get my phone, jacket and my bag.

Ian and I talked yesterday before going out for dinner about how we would tell our families on the same day as we told the cast. Meaning Sasha would be with family when she was told incase anything happened. I don't think she would say or do anything if she was told with the cast but I would rather tell her with my mom being there.

Ian and I walked out to the car and drove to my mom's house which was a fifteen minute drive. Ian was wearing dark blue jeans and a grey Ralph Lauren top. She lived in the same house where Sasha, Maggie and I grew up in, well where Sasha moved into when she was thirteen after the accident. The house has a lot of memories, good and bad, and these dinners were usually to tell us all something when we were all together.

I spotted Sasha's car and Maggie's husband, Lewis' car already in the driveway. I didn't think we were that late, it was only 5:45pm. We parked the car behind both the cars and made our way in. I kept my left hand in my pocket so nobody would notice the ring before we announced it after dinner.

"Lucy and Ian are here!" Maggie ran towards me and embraced me and Ian in an extremely tight hug. If she hugged us any tighter I would have passed out. Ian let go leaving Maggie and I still in a hug until Sasha joined in. She had jumped on my back which made me fall over a bit into Maggie who was in front of us. Sasha slid down my back and wrapped her hands around my upper stomach. I seen three flashing lights then heard my mom speak,

"Sister sandwich!" We all let go then I made my way over to my mom to give her a hug aswell. "Missed you loads."

"Missed you too momma."

I made sure in all the hugs that I kept my right hand over my left hand so nobody would see the ring.

I then seen my little niece and nephew waddle over to see what all the fuss was about. Maggie had twins just over a year ago and she told everybody at one of these dinners just like she told everybody else about her older son, Sean, at one I these dinners 4 years ago.

Ian bent over and picked up Sophia who looked exhausted and I crouched down to see Stuart who was full of smiles but he put his arms out so I just lifted him up.

"How is my favourite boy today?" I said in a baby voice while he giggled and played with my necklace. I turned around to see Ian swaying Sophia to sleep. He was making funny faces to her like sticking his tongue out and crossing his eyes and you could see her smile behind her sooking her thumb. I watched in awe. He will be such a great dad when this one pops out.