Trying.

"Dad!!" I shouted, my voice echoing through the entire room.

I decided. One day was long enough to stay home from school right? Today was early though. I didn't want to be at school. And I didn't really need to be either.

"Lacey?!" I heard from upstairs
I looked up the staircase to see my dad and mom rushing down

"Wow, I actually wasn't expecting you to be home right now-"
They both pinned me in between them while they hugged me. Squeezing me tightly

"Oh my gosh. I'm sorry sweetheart. But please don't leave again." Mom said. Kissing the top of my head over and over again.
Was this like a love fest or something, why were they acting like this?

"Lovey?" My dad said, pulling me from the hug and pressing his hands on my shoulders firmly
"Please don't ever leave like that again. Liam didn't even know where you were. That's what got us really worried. If Melissa hadn't told us, then what would we have done?" He asked me.

"Dad. I don't know why you are getting so worked up. I used to stay out all night long. With Scott and stiles." I said.

The way both of my parents looked at me, seemed like they were more confused than they had ever been
"Why are you two starring at me like that?" I asked bluntly

My mom shook her head, and my dad just had a weird strained look plastered on his face.
"Lovey, who's stiles?"

I was about to ask him the same thing. Did I say stiles? But why? I don't even know a stiles, it just kinda slipped out...

*DING*

Talk about being saved by the bell.
I released myself from my fathers grip as I ran over to the door and opened it. Being all too familiar and excited with the red head that stood in front of me
"Oh I've missed you so much! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!" She squealed, wrapping her arms around me and squeezing me tightly. I gladly hugged her back and took in a whiff of her cherry blossom scent.

"Lydia? What are you doing here?" The woman holding my dads hand asked. And yeah, I still don't think she's my mom. My mom was different. I just know it. It's like, you've known someone for so long, that right when something is even remotely off, you automatically know. Well I know, that everything about her is off. She's not how she used to be..

"Oh um. I actually came by to take Lacey shopping. Liam told me she went home early."

Liam doesn't know I left school early.

"And she texted me saying that she needed new clothes."

No I didn't.

"So I told her to let you guys know that I'd be taking her out for today."

No she didn't.

"Oh. Well okay. Have fun sweetheart." The woman said to me, walking away and stalking into the kitchen. You see, there's another thing. My mom used to never call me sweetheart. One of the things I loved about her, was how creative and different she was. She would always call me her little wolf, because apparently when I would get lost when I was little, I would howl. And mom would always find me. Kinda ironic that Im part werewolf now actually. But she never called me anything other than wolf.

Dad simply nodded and I didn't say anything as Lydia and I shut the door and walked into her car
"Okay. Liam doesn't know I left school early. And I never texted you. What's up?"

Lydia sighed as she started her car, and immediately started to drive
"We are going to deatons"

I simply nodded. Not asking anymore questions.
The entire car ride there consisted of an entire conversation about Liam and I. I told her everything. The whole story on what Hayden did. What Liam said while he and Corey were fighting. And Liam and I were currently fighting. Everything.

One thing I loved about Lydia. Was that I could tell her anything in the world, and she'd make me feel better, while giving me amazing advice.
So that's what she did.

We arrived at deatons and she had practically jumped out of the car while it was still moving, which made me think that this visit was far more important than anything else right now.

"Okay. What's going on?" I asked not wasting anytime, walking into the room where Malia, Scott, Deaton and Lydia all stood.

"We have some clues that will help us figure out what's going on."
Scott pulled out a glass shard, as Deaton ties it to a string and let it hang. Slowly swirling around, shimmering reflections of light through the room.

"Okay Lydia?" I said, turning to her as we both stood there. After I got her attention. I rummaged around the room to find a piece of paper and pen. Handing them to her and sitting her Down at a metal desk
"I need you to concentrate." I said.

"Why me? You are more powerful." She said, tryin to hand me back the pen and paper

"Just do it. Please."
She nodded at me and looked at the shard. Bowing her head down to the paper. I slowly reached my arms out across Malia, Scott and Deaton and backed them up farther into the room. On the opposite side

"Lacey? What's your plan?" Malia asked me

"Just wait for it." I whispered back to her.
Something is going to happen. I can feel it, but I couldn't be the one to do it. It has to be Lydia.

It took a few minutes. But I was right. Within five minutes, Lydia had completely blacked out of her sane state and had spaced out, but yet was turning the paper over in every direction, drawing out a picture that seemed unknown to me.

I walked slowly over to her as Malia walked straight up and was about to wake Lydia
"No don't. She needs to finish." I stated. Shoving my hand in Malias direction

"Why do you need her to finish?" Scott asked me. That honestly took a toll on me.
Why did it? The dreams about that boy. The one that would hang out with Scott and I. The picture, where it seemed someone was there but no one was. Me waiting for someone to arrive, who didn't exist. Saying his name...

And then I said it.
"I need her to help me remember."

>>>>>>>>>>>