Chapter 1: Miss Ice

TZUYU

For some years now, ever since I started classes, I was already mentally stressed, due to the fact that I take the best classes. My mother wanted me to find out what exactly am I gonna be in the future and is physically and mentally pressuring me. Urging me to do everything.

Of course, I was still a child back then. So I had to agree.. Like she always planned to. I go to Art, Sciences, Technology, Taekwondo, Singing, Dance Classes and so on.. It was too many to remember. But I still loved my Mom, nonetheless. Even if she's dead.

During that time that I turned 7, my friends had been very distant and constantly avoids me. But.. Let me rephrase that. I don't even think that I can see, and call them my friends, it even disgusts me just to think of it. I wouldn't count on that.. Ever.. In my life.

Nonetheless, it was only their social status that made them stand up to my level. I can guess that they can be popular if you stick on status quo, yeah I guarantee. But, honestly, the athletes, and cheerleaders are the real ones having that high of a social life. Not that I'm longing for that.

Social life isn't really my thing at all. I'd rather live a humble life than be wasted out there in discos and bars. I'm kind of an introvert. And I loved my space.

Wherever I turned my head around, there's always people talking about their life, what they did just hours or minutes ago or whatever. I can sometimes hear them talking about the previous and future parties they're gonna attend, and I doubt I'll be interested in one of those.

"Miss Chou? A word please?" I sighed at the formality. It's been a while since they had been treating me like this. Being rich.. Well.. Isn't really that good? I guess? It's one of the many things I noticed by the past few days. Though, teachers usually call their students' names by first name basis although, those with higher status.. It's always the surname instead. It's quite unfair. Is my name, Tzuyu, that too hard to pronounce? I think they may be getting too wrong about this. My surname is a lot harder.

"What now?" I asked in a monotonous voice and gave her a cold look. She had a pretty long distance away from me and it's quite irritating.

"There is this Party that we're having to take in a few months away, and your parents agreed that you should take part in. And we do need a bit more of help." She smiled.

I gave her another cold look and mouthed a 'tsk', offering her my hand, "Miss Yoona, give me the schedule." I rolled my eyes. Not that I'm arrogant or anything, I'm just forced to do everything.

Ever since I'm 6, yeah.

She happily smiled and gave me the papers, "Here you go. You can also go after school time okay?" She immediately left after saying that. I turned around and sat at the corner of the stairs. Releasing a deep sigh.

After class, I got to the room where the party planning is supposed to be held and yet, even if I'm right on time, there's not a single person here. That auto pilot mode I had since the first day that I got here is totally ruined. Usually after school, I'd just read books at the library and just finish my assignments and projects.

By being isolated from anything sociable I can consider it as 'fun'. And it did help me get a hold on my introvert side. I'm amazed by it, since I didn't really look like it. Considering the high status and stuff but.. Meh..