Prolog

A/N: I wanted to add the cover picture. Can't credit the artist since I got this off Pinterest but if someone tells me who drew it I'll give credit-

I stared at them, hot tears running down my face as I glared. I wanted to scream, to punch a wall, something to relieve the anger bubbling up in my chest.

Everyone was dead.

Himiko was killed by Maki.

I told her not to do it. I begged her, but Maki wasn't one to listen.

I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath in to attempt to calm myself.

.
.
.

"Maki!" I screamed, shaking my head, "We haven't proven it!"

"Shuichi! We're running out of time! And-" she paused, looking at the redhead, "She has to be it.. It couldn't have been anyone else!" She turned back to me, "She has to be the mastermind! She has to!... as soon as she dies... everyone can go home..." She sounded almost like she was trying to convince herself too. I knew she knew it wouldn't be as easy as she was making it sound. Was there even a home to go back to?

My breath hitched.. we'd begun doubting the memories we were given after finding Kokichi's lab (A/N: for plot sake just imagine he found his lab before he died- k-?) after all the book didn't match up with our memories, and.. Kokichi didn't seem like a remnant of despair... but nothing had been proven for sure! For all we knew, outside could very well be nothing but ruins!

"Maki! Please! Just-"

But it was too late...

Out of all the deaths I'd seen, that was probably my least favorite.