Day -365.2

He kept his book with him at lunch, holding it close to his chest, as if it carried the most important thing in the whole entire world.

Maybe it held the secret of how to get into Daganronpa?

I chuckled a bit at my thought, starling the boy and making him jump. It was adorable just how easily scared he was.

"Where do you wanna eat lunch?" I asked, giving him my best impression of a genuine smile. He seemed to buy it, his shoulders relaxing a bit.

"I-" he closed his mouth for a bit, seeming to think about how to word things, "...I'm not... hungry.." the words seemed forced, but I didn't question it. Who was I to question this boy I hardly even knew. I didn't care about him or anything really. I didn't care about anyone, myself included. The only thing worth caring about was Danganronpa, and he seems to have no ties to it.

"Ah.. Ok... would you like to follow me to the roof then? Or would you rather me take you to the cafeteria?"

"I-I'll stay w-with you.." he said, holding his arm with the other.

I swear, if he gets any cuter I might have to kill him! Is this what fan girls feel when they see the adorable character of the season? I can see why they react so strongly when they die, finally. Once again a blush made its way onto my face, though Oma seemed not to notice, probably because I was ahead of him.

"Ok!" I walk up there, using my usual route. We walked threw the busy halls, Oma bumping into many and apologizing, that slowed me down a bit and every time he did it I shot him a glare.  Why was he such a klutz?  I hurried my pace up and took a left into a hall without any lockers, luckily that was unoccupied, only the occasional person talking to their friend in the hall. We only had to go down the hall a bit more to get to the stairs, so I grabbed Oma's hand and ran the rest of the way letting go as soon as we arrived. The boy blushed as he stared at me in shock. Was this over me holding his hand or...? I just shrugged it off and began going up.

"S-So are we allowed to use these?" Oma asked, staying on the main floor as I made my way up the stairs.

I look over my shoulder towards him, "Yeah," I say in a no shit type of way. He nodded and quickly followed.

As we reach the top I smile, taking out my plastic bag from my backpack as I wait for Oma to catch up. Geez was that kid out of shape, he was short of breath just from a little walk up the stairs.

No one's there.

Just the way I like it.

I sat on the bench, taking out my food from my plastic bag, he sat down next to me and opened up his book again. This time I could actually see what he was doing.

Drawing.

He was drawing.

How boring. A frown took over my face, artists were always the most boring archetype. I could see it now, he was just some shy artist boy who'd never hurt a fly, that is until the third or fourth trial when he'd kill someone shocking them all.

Saddened by my discovery I took a bite of my food. My eyes for some reason lingered on the paper. Most of the drawing was already finished and with how close it was to his chest it was nearly impossible to get a good view of. I turned my neck in an awkward angle to attempt to get a better view, hoping he wouldn't notice it and question it.

It looked like a.. girl? Yeah. A girl...

She had medium length hair, and she wore a green hoodie, with a pin in her hair..

Chiaki... or at least that's what she looked like.

My heart nearly skipped a beat, was this pretty little angel not so angelic? Did he too like watching people die and get executed on national television? The thought brought goosebumps to my skin. He had to like Danganronpa. There was no one else that could be.