❣11_"Jerk!"❣

CHANEL’S P.O.V (Just to remind you.)

“Here, keep these as safe as you possibly can. With you at all times.”

“Are you sure it’s safe to give her all of those?”

Giuseppe had handed me two more diamonds. All the size of a nail. So it wasn’t much of a worry to have to carry around three on my neck. One was green and the other was white. They both gave off different auras compared to the red one. The green gave off beauty and the other peace.

“She’ll be fine, Marcus. By the way green is Earth and White is heaven or the top realm.” Giuseppe stated, pointing at each one as I attached them to the same necklace as the red one.

“If I may, why are you giving me these, like Marcus said isn’t it dangerous?”

He sighed coming to stand in front of me, grabbing me by the arms. “You choose, these will help you make your choice.”

“Now go train.” He smiled and left.

Ugh! He made it sound so simple when it’s so not.

I dropped myself to the ground and sat crisscross apple sauce, with my head in my hands glaring at the damn floor. We were in a huge gym like a wrestling room with the squishy carpet and circles everywhere. It was so big that I hadn’t really seen the whole place.

Marcus sighed and sat next to me.

“I’m not only choosing for me, I’m choosing for the whole world. Whatever I decide affects everybody. I don’t know if I can do that.” I commented, whispering at the very end.

He got up and extended his hand out to me, “You can do it. You are strong I can see it in you. You just have to believe in yourself. Come on, lets get to work.” Taking a hold of his arm, ignoring the heat that seeped through it, I got up.

…………

“Hmmm, we will train, but first let's see what you got so we can work from there.”

I grinned. I had always wanted to learn to fight. Now, I’m not a lazy person, although, I can be sometimes. I liked to run and be physically fit, but don’t get it wrong, I am most definitely not an athlete.

“I would think you would be scared.” Marcus said, surprised at my reaction.

“Weeeellll you thought wrong.” I stated with challenge in my eyes.

I could see he was amused and he had a right to. There was no way on earth I was even close to winning this. I mean come on, I was up against a guardian who might I add had good as training. But you know me I liked to act tough, so here I was ready to lose, but acting as confident as a lion.

We got ready. Putting our fist up. I had on my favorite grey sweats with a black tank top. I thought I looked good and I guess so did Marcus, seeing as he was eyeing it, but you know men, when aren’t they.

I decided to concentrate, so I stared at him and he stared back, as we each questioned who was going to strike the first move. Of course my cocky side came out and went in for the first move. I kicked and he of course dodged it. He looked up at me and smirked as he said, “Try again.”

Ugh! Now I was definitely mad. Oh he was going down!

My eyes burned as I ran over to him and tried punching him but it all went south when he grabbed my fist and knocked me to the ground, as he came down with me.

He supported himself up with his hands as he looked down at me.

“Jerk.” I stated annoyed. He literally didn’t have to drop me to the ground! Although, it was probably karma from me saying he was going down.

He grinned at my comment. “Well I thought about it, but you're feisty and I knew you weren’t going to stop if I didn’t.”

Gosh I hated men.

Suddenly I realized what position we were in and my eyes went wide. He noticed and looked down at my lips with desire written in his hazel eyes. Oh great. Just as he was leaning in, I did the unthinkable.

I kicked him where it hurt, knocking him to the ground next to me and spun into the position he was in with me, me on top and him on the bottom.

I grinned. “Isn’t the first rule of fighting, never take your eyes off your opponent.”

He looked up at me annoyed and a little disappointed, as I laughed and got up off the floor.

I cleaned the non-existent dirt off my clothes and looked up to see him glaring at me. “That did not count.”

I smirked. “Oh, I quite think it did.”

“Guys, that’s enough for today. Come eat lunch.” Trinity stated, coming in and looking at my amusement and Marcus’s annoyed expression.

She laughed. “Oh you two, what am I going to do with you.”

………………

“How did you learn to cook so deliciously!” I moaned, as I ate my delicious chicken salad with bread.

Marcus looked over at me with an unreadable expression, then started laughing.

“What? Is there food on my face or something.” I asked wiping my face with a napkin.

He chuckled again as he reached over and with his thumb wiped at the side of my face.

He stayed there a bit too long before he was back in his seat eating his food.

I looked up to see Trinity staring at me with amusement in her eyes.

I grinned back at her, to show I was not affected by her gaze.

She shook her head and got up to put the dishes in the sink. I would have help her, but from the look she gave me earlier, I’d rather not.

Giuseppe just stares at me, oblivious as to what just happened. I rolled my eyes.

Men.