❣34_The Adrenaline❣

Saturday- In the Field
.....

I rush at the speed of lightning.

At times like these I'm glad I drive a sports car.

I open my windows to feel the cool breeze blow through my hair and to hear the hum of my car as it races along the road.

My feet hit the ground at a fast speed. As I get closer to base I can hear the distinct strike of war. I reach base running in like a crazy person, but as soon as I get there I realize that I'm not the only one running around. Some guards are in here getting weapons and rushing out.

I look around the room finally spotting the one person I was looking for. "Why haven't they stopped? Don't they see these are teens!"

Jenny grabs me by the arms. "Calm down."

I look around surprised at how my outburst got no ones attention.

"They might look like teens but some are disguised as them."

I stare into her dark eyes. "Some?"

She sighs looking around. "We've realized that some are the teens but others aren't. They kept some teens with them, disguising themselves as those people, while others were actually put out here."

I breath in and out slowly then fast. This just got a whole lot complicated.

"So my friends....?" Breath, just remember to breath.

"It's a fifty, fifty chance." She looks at me with worry as I stand there paranoid not being able to focus on her.

"Linn, on field NOW!!" She looks at me and nods her head leaving the base.

I stand there for a moment letting time slip away.

Knowing that I have to hurry before someone tries to stop me, I rush out into the field like a maniac.

My feet propel me as I stealthy rush through the battle. I try to not draw attention to myself but fail miserably when an attacker plants itself right in front of me. I stare into his big brown eyes. A poor teen lost for who knows how long. I stand there for a minute contemplating if I should risk my time with it if it's not human or run away if it is. It attacks me with its sword. I swiftly swerve to the left to avoid the blow. In a matter of seconds I circle around and kick him in the stomach. He stumbles. A flash of red shines in his eyes, before it disappears. I gasp. My cue to attack. In a matter of seconds my knives are out and in the air, swiftly hitting him in the stomach and legs. As it recoils on the floor, its ugly true red horned deviled form reveals itself. I turn around not wanting to see more of the nasty creature.

Looking around at the space I find the area I'm looking for and continue my olympical course through the obstacles. A sigh of relief is what comes out when I finally reach it. It's like all the rest of the field, except for the red ringed circle on the ground.

I step in, rushing out to tuck out the necklace. I grab all three holding them together. I close my eyes and in a whisper I make out the words, "Heaven, Earth, and Hell come to me. The power you weld will now be chosen. I chose-"

I am suddenly cut off when I'm thrown to the ground. One of the demons is on top of me. Its skin as hot as boiling water. It grabs me by the arms and suddenly spreads its deep blood wings and flies at the speed of light with me holding on to it in order not to fall. My hair flies everywhere before I land with a thud on an aircraft. At first I think I might be safe but then to the left I catch the one person I hate and many demons crawling around it.

I try to attack but find myself tied with my hands behind my back and my knives in their hands. I sit and lean my back to the wall in defeat.

Mr. Colebets eyes sparkle when he sees me. "Chanel Chase, we meet again. I was hoping we'd be able to talk civil, but of course you had to make it difficult and run away."

He sighs. "What a pity. You could have been so useful to me."

My eyes glare daggers at him.

He stares back at me intently before signaling to his demons and turning around.

I think fast before the damn creatures get to me. "I know what happened with your parents."

He stops in his tracks.

"You know you shouldn't hold resentment against yourself and or God."

He laughs turning around. He swipes his hand and the demons go back to their spots.

He stares at me. Anger and sadness hold in his eyes. "You know, I prayed to god for them to get better. I was just a little boy and all that praying got me no where. My hope was gone and they died!"

I pretend I'm super interested. "What I don't seem to understand is how nobody knows how they died."

He looks at me serious. "You think I didn't try. I searched and searched but soon lost hope."

I wiggle a little in the burning hot ropes. "What if I were to tell you I know how."

His demeanor dies as his eyes show curiosity and confusion. He hides it in an insistence. "Whatever, I bet you're just trying to provoke me."

His angry snarl makes me smile. "Oh no trust me I know."

I whisper, "Now" into the air hoping the earpiece and Jeremy pick it up.

I nod my head towards the left. He looks towards the huge screen in the corner. The light turns on and in an instant there is footage of a red figure walking across the street. He gets into a car and disappears into an alley.

The demons start snarling in the corner and one turns it off. Mr. Colebet stares at the black screen. "Exactly that night this happened. This video was hidden, but I know that, that man you are following caused that incident. Lucifer was smart in taking a child's anger and using it to help him. He watched you over time. Hiding any real evidence and making you boil under the surface, so when the time came you would be a 100% in."

This time I really set the demons off as they snarl loudly and jump at me. As fast as I am I cut my ropes with my knives and shoot them at each demon. Good thing I hid some in my boots.

I get up swiftly, knowing more are on the ship and on there way now. Mr. Colebet looks over at me frozen with tears in his eyes.

I bite my lip. "I really am sorry."

I turn before he can respond and jump out. Red demons chase after me but they don't get to me in time as I'm falling. My face towards the beautiful darkened sky. Tears pool in my eyes. As drops of rain join in. The beauty of the world consuming me and the rain putting an end to the fire.

I can feel the air getting heavy as I stick my hand in my shirt and pull out the necklace. I grab it and hold it as close to my heart as possible.

Moving my mouth, I whisper the words, "I choose Earth" into the wind as darkness hits, consuming me whole.