❣22_The Recruitment❣

Monday
...

“Remember that you’re going to have to carry heavy things so you have to learn to support yourself up.” I nod. “Remind me again why we can’t just use guns.” I turn the AC on, cooling myself off. God knows this huge gym could get super hot. “Because we are facing hell and guns won’t work on them.” I grab the Katanas touching each one gently. Do I sound crazy if I say I like knives and swords? Yea Probably but its okay. “Right.” I make my way out the gym and into the kitchen making sure to grab the coldest water in the refrigerator. “Hey Chanel?" I look over my shoulder to see his worried expression. "I just got in that Jules was almost taken back but Mathew saved her in time.” My eyes widen, turning to Marcus. I hand him my water and rush out of the building. I get in his car, knowing fair well he’s coming and buckle myself. “I’m just glad Mathew was there.” I nod as Marcus comes in turning on the car.

We make it to Jules house sooner then other times. I rush out, making my way to the door as Jeremy opens it. I mutter a hello and thanks then rush past him. As soon as I’m in I see Jules coming towards me. I meet her in the middle hugging her. “You freaked the hell out of me!” She chuckles against my hair. I let go to see Mathew at her side. I surprise him by hugging him. I go on my tippy toes whispering to the tall man. “Thank you.” He nods and I let go.

“Well thanks for waiting, I know how important I am.” I turn on my heels to see Marcus walking in the door. I smile rolling my eyes. Walking up next to me, he greets Mathew with one of those weird man hand shakes. He then goes to give a short side hug to Jules. Which might I add doesn’t seem to be pleasing Mathew from all the death glares he’s giving Marcus.  “Glad your still in one piece.” He taps her on the head playfully. I laugh. These boys need to learn to grow up. Marcus comes to stand by me again. Looking to Mathew he smiles. “What’s up with you two?” We look back and forth between them. Jules and Marcus are standing too close to each other and from the death glare he was giving Marcus earlier, well I can tell there is something going on. “And not just something, something big.” I know I shouldn’t have said that because from the red on Jules and Mathew’s face I can tell they’re embarrassed. But still I’m not even that Jealous to see Marcus and Jules hug so I know that what they are is serious. Or maybe it’s just that I’m not the jealous type. I smile like a Cheshire cat. They stare back at me like I’ve gone mad. “Leave them alone Marcus, the only thing that matters is that Mathew was there to save her. We don’t need to know nothing more.” I swear I hear someone let out a long breath but I ignore it, making my way to the couch. “Okay. Now for a serious matter.” I pause, letting everyone get settled around me. “We will be attacking hell this Saturday and I need you guys to stay away fro…”

“No way in fucking hell.” Jules interrupts surprising me. “We will not be sitting by watching you hopelessly.” I nod, of course they won’t. “I can’t have you in the war its to risky.”

“But!” I lift my finger to show Jules, who wanted to interrupt, that I’m not finished.

“But I will let you help from behind. Watch and help if anything happens. Corp won’t like it but they will have to deal with it.”

They stay silent and I take that as an agreement. “Now I have to go, but I want you to stay careful and wait for my call.” They nod. Okay well that’s settled.

…………

“Is it weird that I enjoy music better when it super loud?” I grab a fry, dipping it in the ketchup and stuffing it in my mouth. “I love it one minute then the next when I hear it on my phone its just not that appealing.” Marcus chuckles and I hit him in the face with a fry. It bounces of his cheek onto the floor. “Hey that’s a waste of food.” I’m honestly just glad it didn’t end up by his feet cause that could cause an accident to happen. I grab the Ice tea from the cup holder, laying my head on the seat and looking out onto the street. “Hey I want a fry!” I look over at Marcus smiling. “Get it yourself.” I try not to laugh. “Hey I’m driving, I can’t multitask.” I prop my feet up. “Well maybe it’s your time to learn.” I close my eyes as I hear him whine. “Come on. Please. Wait why am I saying please, I bought those fries.” I keep my eyes closed. “Hey that’s not my fault I said I would pay and you all but threw back my money.” He whines again. “Okay, okay, I’m sorry. Now can I please get a fry?” I sigh staying still for a moment before sitting up. I grab a fry as Marcus opens his mouth. As I’m about to put it in his mouth I quickly put it in my mouth. “What the?” I start cracking up and chocking on the fry all at the same time. After my moment I clean my tears and give Marcus his fry. “Meany.” I sit down again pretended like I didn’t just hear that and relax back in the seat.