❣13_"How About A Race?"❣

Hey Beautiful People! Picture in here isn't mine.
......................................................

I was drowning. No way out. The red thickness filling up my lungs. Screaming, but nothing coming out. Hoping for air, but its only affect was tightening my chest, making me have a panic attack.  “Hey!” A voice whispered as I felt darkness coming on. I was dying slowly.

“Hey, wake up.” An odd way to die, although, I knew that voice.

“Chanel, you're having a nightmare.”

“Come on. Wake up!”

The tightness in my chest disappeared and I saw light. Not that type of dying light, but the light of a lamp in the room.

“Hey, you okay?” Marcus asked, looking down at me, as he sat on the side of the bed.

I nodded. “Just glad it was a dream.”

He laughed a silent laugh.

“Come on. Let's go for a run. It will help clear your head and get the training on the run.” I brushed my hands though my hair in attempt to tame it, not that I cared what he thought. “Okay, thanks.” He paused as he was getting off the bed. “For what?”

“For saving me from a nightmare.” He laughed. “Of course.”

I got up and went to the restroom, doing my regular thing. Then changed into a black tight crop top and black sports leggings. I brushed my long brown hair with light tips, and pulled it up into a beautiful bun.

 I brushed my long brown hair with light tips, and pulled it up into a beautiful bun

Marcus looked at me, as I came out, with wide eyes. “Water?”

“Yes please.” I said, ignoring his odd look.

I made my way into the room to get my shoes and Marcus came back with a water. He went in the bathroom as I made my way outside as quietly as possible, as to not wake Mrs. Martinez. The sun was barely peaking out and according to my phone it was 6:30am. I looked up as I heard the door close behind me.

I met Marcus's captivating eyes and my eyes widen, as I saw he was literally wearing no shirt. I skimmed his body, as he had a six pack and he looked really good. I had a sudden urge to want to run my hands down his body. I finally looked up to see his eyes were gleaming, as if holding in a laugh. “Like what you see.”

Oh shit. Was I that noticeable. Pretending that I wasn’t just affected by anything. I crossed my arms and glared at him. Turning away with a huff.

To make him forget my embarrassing stunt, I started jogging off without him. Now this was something I knew. Running was my thing, it was what keeps me going the rest of the day.

Marcus appeared next to me. We jogged in silence, slowly picking up the pace. Once we hit the outskirts of the forest we stopped. There was a bench near us and I sat to take a break, while Marcus just stood in front of me. I drank the water, its coldness cooling off my body. Marcus’s body glistened with sweat, but I didn't focus on it much, not wanting what happened back at the house to come back again.

“How about a race?” He asked after a while.

“You're serious?”

“Yes, very much.”

Suddenly, something shifted in my head and I had an idea. “You just want to show off. Leaving me behind like a loser.”

“Maybe I am.”

We stared at each other in silence. Then suddenly bursted into laughter. Tell me about it, we were weird.

“If you win, I’ll say yes to anything you ask for today. If I win, then I get to kiss you.”

Oh my, well that definitely took me by surprise. I stared at him wide eyed as he smirked down at me. I looked out in the distance to think about it. He must have known that I could run, but then again he was a guardian probably in training so much. BUT! He didn't know that I trained a lot in my house, so who knows. If I was being honest it was kind of a win win situation for me, considering I would benefit from both. Although, I didn't think him winning would help, as it would never work with him leaving after he's done guarding me.

My cocky side made up its mind. “Okay deal.”

He grinned.

“First one to reach the house fence wins.”

I nodded, getting ready.

“Ready, set, go!”

I started off at a good pace making sure I saved up my energy for the big run at the end. Marcus started off a head of me. We ran for a while till we started to slow down a bit as I began to catch up to Marcus, well more like he started to slow down. We finally reached the street on which his house was and I zoned in. Let the games begin.

I slowed down and put a small distance between me and Marcus at about four houses down from where he lived. He looked back and smirked. I frowned and stuck out my tongue, distracting him momentarily, if you know what I mean.

He started running faster as we approached the neighbors house. I sneaked closer to him without him hearing me. Then when we were really close to the house, I ran like hell, as my legs propelled, feeling a burn course through them. It was a good type of burn though, one that ignited your whole body making you feel good. I hit the fence running through it and raising my hands up in the air. “WOOOOOHOOO! In your face!”

He stood by the gate stunned at me wining.

“You might run faster, but I think more logically.”

“Well I guess you win your prize.” He looked down, either sad at losing or not getting what he wanted.

I went up to him and on my tippy toes quickly kissed him on the cheek, which was soft and somehow affected me a little. He looked shocked. “My wish is your command.”

I turned around going into the house. “Get what I just did there, haha I’m so funny.”

Mrs. Martinez stood there leaning against the door that lead to the kitchen. She was grinning like a Cheshire cat. “Have a nice run?”

Marcus walked in, stopping in his tracks “What?” his clueless expression taking over his features.

I smiled shyly at his mom.

“Hungry?” She finally said.

“Always!” Marcus responded, licking his very tempting lips.

“Maybe in a little bit, I need a shower.” I said, walking towards the room.

“Good point, but I’m starving so I am going to eat first.”

Of course he was.

......................................................
❣🐥Hello Peeps!🐥❣
I know a very short and boring chapter. Although the next chapters do make up for it.

Anyways Chanel likes running how about you guys?

My answer: I love to run but only when I'm not forced to and I know a shower is available in my return. Though most of the time I get lazy, I mean who doesn't?

That's it for today peeps! Till next time!!!!🐥