04

✦✧

It was late, Jimin had already fallen asleep after coming back from his shift, not bothering to change out of his clothes. Soomin had no intention of waking him up and helping him change, she just let him be.

She was laying on the sofa with a can of beer in her hand as she squinted her eyes at the bright laptop monitor. She finally started her assignment, but couldn't find the motivation to keep going.

As usual, she decided to entertain herself and find some motivation on Instagram, an app she'd use to kill time. She scrolled through her feed until she noticed a new post from Taehyung.

Soomin found herself mesmerised by the man's beauty, he seriously looked like a model

Soomin found herself mesmerised by the man's beauty, he seriously looked like a model. He was Instagram famous, of course he was a model, she thought to herself as she liked the post.

Not even a minute later, she received a dm from him.

Guccitaehyung: I see you liked my post but you won't text me

Guccitaehyung: how sad :(

Soomeanmin: you won't leave me alone, will you

Guccitaehyung: no i won't

Guccitaehyung: i want to be ur friend

Soomin looked at the message, chugged the rest of her beer, crushing the empty can, placing it carefully onto the ground and let out a frustrated sigh.

Soomin never let anyone into her circle, no matter how many guys hit her up and tried their best to impress her, she'd tell them to piss off. With Taehyung, it was different. He wouldn't leave her alone, the fact that he was so dedicated seemed to move her cold heart even a little bit.

Stupid, stupid, stupid, she repeated over and over in her head, but decided to reply to him anyway.

Soomeanmin: fine we can be friends

Guccitaehyung: seriously?

Soomeanmin: yes

Guccitaehyung: im so happy omg finally

Soomeanmin: you're weird

Guccitaehyung: I've been told

Soomin locked her phone and shut her laptop closed, not ready to leave the comfort of the couch, deciding she was too lazy to get up she snuggled into the blanket and felt herself drift off to sleep within seconds.

✦✧

''So, have you finally given the hot instagram famous guy a chance?'' Yeri asked as she sipped on her iced coffee.

The girls were drinking coffee at a local cafe near their university, spending their lunch break peacefully before they had another lecture to attend.

''Well,'' Soomin started, playing around with the straw in her black iced coffee. ''I told him we can be friends, no big deal,'' she muttered.

Yeri cocked an eyebrow at her friends suspicious behaviour.

''But, you've gotta admit, he's hot. Even Jungkook spammed me with messages yesterday, about how hot he is and how he'd tap that ass, I nearly blocked him.''

Soomin rolled her eyes as she sipped on her drink.

''He also mentioned something about you nearly killing him,'' she added.

''He deserved it!'' Soomin exclaimed as she remembered the embarrassment she felt as Jungkook sent that message- as her.

''Right. Soomin?''

''Hm?''

''Are you,'' she started, wondering whether she should continue or not. She gulped and looked straight into Soomins eyes.

''Are you afraid of falling for him?'' she asked, softly.

Soomin felt her heart race against her chest, placing her now clammy hand on her chest in an attempt to calm it down, she managed to keep a straight face.

Yeri knew, she knew just how much Soomin feared love. How deathly afraid she was of developing strong feelings towards someone, the feeling of infatuation scared her senseless.

She was fearless, nothing scared her, not spiders, heights nor walking home alone at night. She feared nothing except for falling in love. It was pathetic, to her, how can a girl be afraid to love?

Soomin looked away, her eyes focused on the dark brown colour of her coffee.

''No, I'm not.''

✦✧