22

Soomin slowly made her way to the front door, wondering who the guest could be. She found herself praying it wasn't Namjoon, she'd either punch him in the gut or start bawling her eyes out, she wasn't sure which was more likely.

Soomin approached the doorway and found herself slack-jawed.

''Taehyung?''

She laid her eyes upon a tall, handsome blonde man, immediately identifying him as Taehyung. His unkempt hair stood out in all directions, it looked as if he didn't brush it in the past 2 weeks but at the same time it had a certain attractiveness to it. His cheeks were a light shade of piggy pink and his lips were formed into a wide smile.

''Yes, that's me.''

Soomin suddenly felt self conscious as she raised her hands to fix her messy hair.

''I-I can see that you weirdo, come in,'' she stuttered and pointed to the kitchen where Yeri watched the scene unfold with a smirk on her face.

Jimin watched as the two made their way to the kitchen, closing the front door he followed behind them.

All four of them sat at the kitchen table, the room suddenly grew very quiet. Nobody knew what to say or how to start a conversation.

Taehyung cleared his throat. ''Soomin, you never texted me last night to tell me if you arrived home safely, I was worried,'' he said softly.

Soomin felt those words cause a bunch of unexplainable thoughts run through her head. She couldn't take her eyes off Taehyungs beautiful features, it was as if he was molded by god himself.

She nervously fidgeted with her fingers as she thought about how to respond.

''Well, uh, my phone died, I'm sorry Tae, I also fell asleep in the car on my way home.''

Taehyung pulled his hair back as a smile appeared on his face. ''It's okay, Soomin, as long as you're alive and well.''

Both Yeri and Jimin noticed the faint chemistry between them, their body language, they way they looked at each other, the change in Soomins behaviour, she appeared to be less vulgar and aggressive in nature when around Taehyung. It was honestly amusing to watch.

Yeri couldn't help but chuckle at the sight, she felt happy because she was convinced that Taehyung could change Soomin, he could help her beat her Philophobia that made life difficult for her.

There was hope.

Soomin raised an eyebrow at her chuckling friend. ''Are you okay Yeri? Do I have something on my face?''

Yeri stopped laughing and stared at Soomins slightly flushed face. ''Nothing, honey, other than beauty.''

That remark made both of them start laughing uncontrollably, Soomin even started banging on the table as she tried to catch her breath.

''You sure you didn't bang your head really hard against the wall or something as you were walking here or?''

Yeri snorted as she finally stopped laughing. ''No, I've already done that when I was little.''

Jimin and Taehyung watched the two girls with amusement, they were enjoying the fits of laughter and smiles plastered on the girls faces.

Taehyung didn't know if coming to her apartment was a good idea, he didn't know if she'd even let him in or be happy that he decided to visit her. It seems as though his worries were for nothing as not only did she let him but she wasn't depressed or in a bad state as she was the previous night. The sight of her swollen, downcast eyes and blank face kept him up at night.

Jimin stood up from his chair and excused himself as he had to get ready for work. Taehyung stayed for a bit and chattered with the girls, they talked about college, their big piles of assignments they can't seem to even start and about Yeris weird obsession with smut.

''So, do you just sit at home and read smut all day when you've got no classes?'' Taehyung asked out of curiosity.

Yeri tucked a strand of loose hair behind her ear as her eyes darted upwards, her gaze fixed on the pristine white ceiling. ''Uh, yeah that's what I do besides going to college and parties.''

Soomin tried hard to hold in her laughter and thankfully succeeded as Taehyung started asking Yeri random questions about smut.

''Have you really never read smut? You haven't lived,'' she said.

Taehyung turned his gaze on Soomin who was focused on the spoon laying in her empty coffee cup as if it was the most interesting sight in the world.

''How about you, Soomin? Do you have any weird habits like reading smut?''

Soomin looked up and felt herself become slightly intimidated by such a handsome face starting straight at her.

''Uh, no, not really. I watch movies and stuff my face with food when I'm alone at home, sometimes I throw things at my brother when he annoys me. That's all.''

Taehyung flashed his adorable boxy smile at her. ''Well, we could watch a movie together sometime if you'd like.''

Yeris lips curved into a smug smirk as she winked at Soomin who found herself momentarily speechless.

Her heart may have skipped a beat at that proposition.

She may have been overthinking a couple of things at that exact moment, such as why she was feeling that way because of Taehyung who was nothing but a friend. Why was her heart beating so furiously?

She obviously knew the answer to that question, but she brushed it off.

''Sure,'' Soomin said with a wide smile.

''Perfect! I'll message you about that when I get home. Well, I've got to go, Jin might kill me if I'll be late for the photoshoot I've got today, take care ladies!'' he exclaimed before jumping out of his seat and dashing out of the apartment without even giving the girls a chance to say goodbye.

Before Soomin could even utter a word, Yeri began screeching like a little girl.

''SOOMIN! That's a goddamn date, a DATE! HE-''

Soomin quickly shut her best friend up by placing her hand on her mouth, preventing her from screaming any louder.

''S-Shut up,'' she muttered.

Yeri licked her palm which caused Soomin to pull her now wet hand away from her face.

''You're disgusting.''

''And you've got a date with Taehyung.''

Soomin rested her face on the cold surface of the kitchen table.

''Soomin, he can help you overcome your Philophobia, so don't be scared and let him.''

Soomin stayed silent, her mind filled with hundreds of different scenarios.

There was a chance that Taehyung could help her fix herself. She knew he wasn't like any other guy she had ever met, as cliché as that sounds it's the truth.

But she was scared, deathly afraid of confirming her feelings and falling even deeper into the rabbit hole.

''But what if I never overcome my phobia?''

Yeri slapped her arm which caused her to lift her head up and meet her burning gaze.

''You don't know if you don't try!''

Soomin placed two fingers on Yeris forehead and gave it a hard flick. Yeri rubbed her sore forehead with a pout.

''I'll try.''

__________________________________

if there are any mistakes pls forgive me im sleep deprived thank u