25

Soomin sat on the bench outside of her college building with an energy drink in one hand. Yeri took a seat beside her and soon after Jungkook joined the two as he squeezed himself in between the two girls.

''What's up, girlies?''

Yeri scrunched up her nose in disgust at Jungkooks unsuccessful attempt at being cute.

''That's really gay,'' said Yeri.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow at her, ''Well, I am gay.''

Soomin seemed to be spacing out as she wasn't responding to anything that was happening around her, she didn't even flinch at Jungkooks sudden move which was placing an arm around her shoulder. She seemed frozen, unable to move.

Soomin hadn't been able to think clearly ever since she had ran away from Taehyung a few days ago, she couldn't help but avoid him as much as she could. She was embarrassed, Taehyung must definitely think of her differently after that night.

What troubled Soomin the most was her own complicated, tangled web of feelings she couldn't understand or accept. She found herself thinking things like ''Why does my heart race when I talk to Taehyung?'' or ''Why am I sad whenever we part ways after hanging out?''
It was almost as if Soomin was playing dumb with herself, pushing away any thoughts of harboring romantic feelings towards a boy, as it was completely and utterly prohibited.

Was it, though? Soomin was allowed to have a crush or fall in love, the problem was her phobia of falling in love. But, it wasn't her phobia that was completely sabotaging her love life but her fear of even thinking about men that was the most troublesome and prevented her from dating anyone at all.

If Soomin could open up her heart, even a little bit, maybe she could realise she's slowly falling in love and give the boy a chance.

But, as usual, her phobia spoke much louder.

Soomin violently shook her head in hopes of getting rid of the pointless thoughts in her head.

''Soomin? You okay honey?'' jungkook asked.

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. ''Honey? I should be asking you if you're okay.''

Yeri laughed at her best friends comment as Jungkook quietly sulked under his breath.

''Why do you two hate me...''

Yeri gently pinched his cheek. ''We love you, gay boy.''

Soomin, on the other than, harshly poked his cheek, practically stabbing his skin with her finger.

''Yeah, we do.''

''Actions speak louder than words, huh, Soomin? '' Jungkook muttered as he rubbed his sore cheek.

The two girls broke into laughter as Jungkook remained silent.

''We're just teasing you, don't hate us now,'' Yeri said, looking at Jungkook with her signature puppy eyes.

Nobody could stay mad at her for too long when she looked so adorable.

Jungkook let out a defeated sigh. ''You're sly, Yeri, I'll give you that. Can't stay mad at you girls for too long,'' he said.

The trio spent the rest of their free time on rambling about their boring love lifes and about the importance of completing essays and assignments, which bored Soomin to death. She was the worst procrastinator, the conversarion triggered her and so she decided to go for a walk around the campus, leaving Jungkook and Yeri alone.

No matter what she was doing, she couldn't take her mind off Taehyung. It's almost as if he completely infiltrated her brain and she had no way of kicking him out.