20

Yeri frantically ran around the house in search of her friend, paying no attention to the rowdy, noisy people dancing and tripping over their own two feet, creating a ruckus. She tried yelling Soomins name but the loud music blaring throughout the whole house made it all the more difficult.

She exited the spacious living room she had found herself in and decided to look for Soomin upstairs, the place she hadn't checked yet.

She made her way to the first floor, looking around she noticed an opened door to a rather dark room. She peaked inside and took in her surroundings, it was pitch black so she couldn't see a thing. All she could make out was an open window, the wind blowing outside made a howling sound bounce off the walls.

She was about to turn the light in when she heard a sigh from the other end of the room.

Yeri froze in her tracks, was she invading someone's privacy? Before she could turn around and quietly leave a hand emitted from the darkness and grabbed into her wrist. Namjoons form appeared in front of her, his cold gaze caused a shiver to run down her spine.

''What're you doing here?'' he asked her, tightening his grip on her wrist.

Yeri felt extremely uncomfortable being in an unilluminated room with her best friends ex boyfriend, but she brushed it off. She needed to find Soomin and Namjoon might have answers to her questions.

''I'm looking for Soomin,'' she replied, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear with her free hand. ''Would you happen to know where she is?''

Namjoon stayed silent, not quite knowing what to say. The silence was deafening and unbearable, it caused anxiety to rise up in Yeri.

He let go of her wrist and a frustrated sigh escaped his lips.

''No, I don't, I-''

''That's a lie, what did you do to her? I couldn't find her anywhere in the house, what the hell did you do?'' she snapped, feeling anger take over her small, frail body.

''I made her cry,'' he whispered, his eyes focused on the wooden floor beneath him.

''What did you do?'' she said through gritted teeth, growing increasingly annoyed.

''I kissed her,'' he confessed.

Namjoon didn't dare look at Yeri after he had said those words, he could tell by the perfect silence that she was pissed off and probably speechless, honestly, you could have heard a pin drop.

''You did what now?'' she asked, giving Namjoon a chance to change what he had said before she ripped his head off right then and there.

Namjoon gulped loudly, that being the only sound that could be heard in the room.

''Why did she start crying? It was just a kiss, more importantly, why do I care?'' he thought out loud. He sounded genuinely concerned, for himself mostly, but some part of him must have cared about Soomin in some weird way in order for him to react like that.

Yeri felt the anger rising inside of her, she dug her nails into her palms in order to keep her composure.

''You asshole, do you have no idea what you did to her when you cheated on her and made a laughing stock out of her all those years ago?'' she snarled.

Namjoon finally looked up and met Yeris fiery eyes, filled with burning fury.

''You made her fear love, fear talked to and touched by other guys, fear being in relationships or even being friends with other guys. She's become paranoid that every guy in this world is like you, that every guy uses girls and love is something she doesn't deserve and shouldn't experience. It's all your fault, Namjoon. You're hurting her, all this time you've been hurting her even when you left town, she's broken and it's your fault, nobody else's. Why don't you do us all a favour and leave her the fuck alone, can't you see you're breaking her even more? You don't deserve her and you sure as hell don't deserve a second chance. Scum like you should stay alone forever,'' she spat before storming out of the room, not even giving Namjoon a chance to explain himself.