14

ɪʟʟᴜꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: ꜱᴏᴏᴍɪɴ

✦✧

Soomin woke up with sweat beads streaming down her face and literal tears threatening to escape from her eyes. She looked awful, with bloodshot eyes and hair resembling a birds nest. She looked disoriented and scared, quickly jumping out of the couch she fell asleep on last night whilst working on an assignment for her English class, she wobbly made her way to the bathroom.

She stared at the state of her face reflected in the mirror.

"My god, If I had a nightmare I don't remember it at all,'' she muttered before turning on the tap and splashing her face with lukewarm water.

After slipping into some comfortable clothes and trying to eat some breakfast, which ended up with Soomin burning her toast so bad she deemed it inedible, she left the apartment before Jimin had the chance to ask her what was wrong. She decided to walk to the University instead of taking the bus, wandering the rather empty streets of Seoul she admired the wonky trees with patterns etched into the oak and the cracked sidewalk that her feet travelled on.

It was odd, she never took any interest in the world surrounding her, never taking a moment to appreciate the beauty within the typical, everyday sights that greeted her. She even took the time to admire the cloudless, lucerne blue sky.

She reached the college building and immediately spotted her best friends, Yeri and Jungkook sitting on a nearby bench with books and cartons of milk in their hands. She walked towards them, earning a wide smile from Yeri who spotted her. Jungkook looked up at her, the straw that pierced the carton of milk still in his mouth.

''Hey gays,'' Soomin greeted her friends, glaring at the books in their hands. Jungkook wasn't in their class, he was studying musicology.

''Hey, have you studied for today's exam? I've been stressed out about it since yesterday, I barely slept a wink,'' Yeri asked, her eyes skimming through the small text in the thick book.

Soomin felt her heart stop for a split second, her mind in utter turmoil.

''Fuck,'' she mumbled as she grabbed the book from Yeri's grasp. ''I completely forgot about this exam. What is this about?''

Jungkook slurped on his banana milk in peace. ''Wow, that's literally me on the day of any exam.''

''Shut up, gay boy, I can't get any F's or my mom will literally disown me and the professor doesn't especially like me,'' she said.

''We were supposed to study the pieces of literature we talked over in class last and this week,'' Yeri said.

Soomin let countless swear words escape her lips as she handed the book back to Yeri.

''Yesterday's encounter with Namjoon caught me off track, I'm going to kill him for distracting me.''

''Who you gonna kill, sweetheart?''

Soomin spun around and scowled when she was greeted by Namjoons smug smirk etched onto his face, which was way too close to hers for her comfort.

''Fuck''