(Illidan) The Last Words

Art by Dzikawa from Artstation
————
Their work is done. All the duties of champions of Azeroth are now fulfilled. But will they return home to their loved ones? Will their family smile upon their return or will they too be obliterated by the dark and corrupted force of the Legion? All of this rests on the Betrayer's shoulders now, all of the choices, all of those sacrifices and the pain he had to go through so that he would stand against the dark titan and keep him imprisoned from the beloved world, Azeroth.
Choices made from here on will change the fate of everyone, events that are happening and that is yet to happen, depends on these choices. The demonic presence of the dark titan draws closer, and within a few while all the heroes will return to their homes. It was up to Illidan to keep their world safe now, so that those heroes can live to fight a greater threat someday.
"It's done Illidan, we have done all that we can" Prophet Velen said, sensing the dark presence nearing the Seat Of Pantheon.
"Take the heroes with you Prophet, there is more to be done" Illidan replied
"You are not coming with us?" The Prophet asked, he was surprised
"All those difficult choices, the betrayal and the sacrifices... they all lead me here... to this very moment... you can call it fate, if you so desire" Illidan said with a tone of sarcasm, he wasn't the one to believe in fate or light
"Our arrival to a place like this and challenging the champions of Legion cannot merely be fate" the Prophet agreed with Illidan.
The demon hunter turned his gaze to the last standing champion, who was watching the divine and immaculate glory of the Seat of Pantheon, the cradle of all creation. (Y/n) was one of the Watchers, a druid under Warden Shadowsong's banner, sharing the hatred for Illidan and his demon hunters with Maiev. But her hatred wasn't blind like her commander, and if she was the person that she was when she first arrived on Vindicaar, then she would care less about what the demon hunter had to say and leave this place before everyone else. Ever since a few events, (y/n) didn't really liked Illidan but she didn't hated him either.
"There is one last task that I have for you, champion" Illidan said to her, unsure if he could even trust her with an important task
"I'm listening" she replied bluntly
"Take this crystal, it holds the last words for my brother Malfurion... and Tyrande, once they have heard the words, leave the crystal on the shores of what was the Well of Eternity" Illidan said and gave her the crystal. (Y/n) looked at the crystal and then at Illidan for a while, there was something that the demon hunter was hiding, even at his last moment, before leaving everyone, he was keeping secrets. It was a trait of Illidan that wasn't really appreciated by anyone. The druid nodded in agreement before she walked towards the portal to Azeroth that the Prophet had created
"Elune be with you, Illidan" she said not trying to sound affectionate but it seemed that she did anyway
"Keep our world safe with the others" he smiled and turned away from them to face his destiny.

The Shan'do Stormrage was surprised and was in grief even if he tried to hide it. Of all else, Illidan was his own brother. Malfurion thanked the champion for bringing this message for him before he began to ponder on Illidan's words.
The priestess Tyrande wasn't very moved by the message, she was doubtful and afraid to trust in his words. She thanked the hero and wished her well.
(Y/n) saw that the crystal went dark in front of the priestess and her, indicating that whatever message it had was now known. She picked it up and left for the Mount Hyjal, unknown to the fact that there was more left to this.
Atop the Mount Hyjal, she neared the shores of the Well of Eternity. Only noticing now that the crystal was bright like the moment when she had received it.
She placed it on the ground and soon it began to ring with the remaining message that Illidan had left;
"I pray that you didn't leave it to the shores of mount Hyjal without hearing this, but knowing you, I know that you didn't. Ever since the defeat at Black Temple, it was visible that you disliked... no, hated me and the demon hunters, for we were demons ourselves in your mind... but I appreciate your wisdom to see through that hate in the time of your days working with me and fighting the demons, choosing reason over that hate where all the others have failed. In my last moments, you had reminded me of myself, of someone that I was and would be if things were different... for that you have my heartfelt gratitude. I will never forget a capable warrior like you, (y/n)" with that the crystal went silent. (Y/n) stood there, frozen in her place and contemplating what she had just heard, it was fine by her that she didn't quite like Illidan but now? Now, she regretted of never telling him that he was a great warrior and a true hero that the world needs. The druid sighed, only prayers to Elune for him was her only choice now....