(Lor'themar) Promise

Requested by: AmethystDeciever
————
The moonlight peeked through the cloudy skies, as the Regent Lord watched the silvery clouds pass by. It was a rather beautiful scene, something he didn't expect to see after it rained the entire day. Actually Lor'themar waited for someone here, she was supposed to arrive pretty early but it looked like she was yet to arrive.
After a few moments, there was a knock on the door "I'm sorry to keep you waiting" a familiar voice sounded from the door. Lor'themar looked to find (y/n) carrying a stack of scrolls and other documents in her hands before putting it down on the table.
"It's no problem, not that I have to go anywhere else now" Lor'themar laughed, (y/n) chuckled and walked towards him, giving a scroll that is holding some type of information about the war.
The Regent Lord unfurled the scroll and read its contents briefly before setting it aside.
"We have a long day tomorrow" (y/n) sighed "I fear that we might lose Lordaeron"
"No we won't, I believe the strategies I have created isn't that faulty" the Regent Lord appeared slightly surprised
"Your strategies are never faulty my lord" she chuckled "no I'm just anxious about tomorrow, and thinking about it makes me somber" (y/n) took a deep breath.
"Well, we all are a little anxious" he nodded. Not just a little anxious, but very. They both have worked with each other for about a few years now, and slowly they had developed feelings for each other. They were anxious for each other than themselves.
"Are you sure that you will be fine by yourself in the battle?" (Y/n) asked but realizing that it sounded a little unprofessional, she corrected herself "I mean... I'm sure you will be fine on your own, there's no match for you in combat my lord" she smiled sheepishly.
Lor'themar laughed a bit "why did you correct yourself? The first statement sounded so caring" he said smirking.
(Y/n) blushed and embarrassingly giggled "I t-thought it sounded a-a bit improper..." she mumbled
"it's alright, I understand what you meant to say" the Regent Lord smiled
"But, promise you will be fine? I will accompany you if necessary" she asked
"Oh my, I promise that I'll be fine, you don't need to accompany to battle" Lor'themar chuckled "but will you be alright? If not..." he was interrupted when he felt the soft touch of her lips against his. Before she stepped back and smiled "I promise"....