36. Michael

I beat Chris without breaking a sweat: he proves once again that he can't fight at all. Anger is boiling inside of me; I press him against the wall and start to strangle him.

"Do you like it?" he asks, smiling.

"Screw you! Why are you worried about Kate so much? You don't give a crap about her really."

My hands tighten around the neck of this boastful jackass even harder.

"I love her, she's my girlfriend," he says with an effort.

I let go of him and start laughing. Meanwhile Chris was coughing.

"Do you know how many times she cheated on you?" I asked. "Do you know how many times she humiliated you and the others? How can you even stand her and, moreover, defend her? Almost every girl in the university has a crush on you and you chose her?"

"It's my business!"

I shook my head and began to move aside.

"At least I have a girlfriend," he declared. "Who do you have? Your tastes are rather particular!"

His words made me angry so I press that asshole against the wall once again.

"If you think that I like what's going on between me and my brother, you're wrong. You have no idea what I feel when he's around. I can't hit him! I can't insult him! I can only submit too him. What is it? Guilt for what I've done? Hidden desires? I have no clue! And it riles me up even more! And it bugs me that I can't talk to anyone about it!!! I can only let out the anger that's caused by Jasper's BDSM jokes."

I let him go and he went away far from me. I wanted to lean back on the wall but instead fell on the floor, losing my balance. Looking over myself, my hands and legs, I saw my blood everywhere! Damn! The pain from the wounds became even stronger! Aaaaah! I need help! The rage that I've been feeling numbed the pain form Jasper's beatings, but now the anger outburst went away and I feel like I've just went through twenty strong hammer hits! I was about to ask for help when a screen diverged just above Emma and a white first aid kit was lowered into her hands. She instantly moved toward me.

"Can I?" she asked timidly.

I nodded.

Emma kneeled before me and began cleaning the wounds with hydrogen peroxide.

"Uhhhh," I was barely restraining myself from screaming, "Ummm..."

"I'm sorry, but I need to disinfect the wounds. I'll be done soon."

"Yeah, I understand. Keep going."
She began bandaging my wounds. There was quiet in the room, I could only hear bandages tear up and Veronica cry.

"This burgundy suit looks good on you," I tried to make a conversation somehow.

"Thanks, your formal outfit suits you too, but it's a little...torn up," she gave me a smile and giggled.

There was an awkward silence: I didn't even have the strength to smile.

"Sorry, it was a bad joke," Emma pursed her lips.

"It's okay," her words put me in a good mood.

The pain was finally fading away and I felt better.

"It's weird, but now it seems like we are in a special place out of time and space," she changed the topic, "it's like I'm from the fifties and the others are from the present, however our phones are from the future. I like the fifties and I very often dress like people of that time. If I had my flip phone from Japan, it would be the link, tying me to the present. Do you know much about technologies?"