65. Chris

We haven't been told what the empty sector means. Looks like now is the time to disclose one more intrigue. What if the empty sector gives you the right not to answer anything? I mean there is nothing on it!

"Let me read your mind, Mr. Royce," Ayama suggested, "you think that the empty sector will allow you to take a pass and be free."

I didn't want to say anything. Damn it! This crazy 'voice assistant' even knows what we think about.

"It's not about me knowing all the dirty details of your lives," Ayama replied to my thoughts, "it's all about a remarkably naïve human mind. Almost everyone who ever got the empty sector hoped they were going to be free from my tortures. People who are looking for ways to emphasize their individuality, in reality are so similar! You're always ten or even twenty steps ahead of them. It's amazing, isn't it?"

Meanwhile a word 'secret' started to appear on the empty sector. My biggest secret?

"That's how the wheel changed when Jasper entered the room!" said Mike. "Another advanced secret technology!"

I begin trembling harder and harder, just like Sam, who had to watch himself enjoying porn. But I haven't even started talking yet! My life is perfect! My life is great!

"I don't have any secrets!" I declare.

At that moment the guys started laughing. That whore Kate was the loudest. Bastards!

"You're funny, Mr. Royce," Ayama joined the collective mocking. "I've heard those words a lot, but not in this context!"

The anger took the best of me and I wanted to hit something.

"You're a bitch!" I scream. "All of you are!" my voice got louder.

"Mr. Chris Royce, the star of the University of Chicago," Ayama started talking about me matter-of-factly," his parents own a large furniture factory. You have a penthouse in the downtown and an enormous house, your family also has an estate in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York. What else do you need for a wonderful and perfect life? Every visit to a boutique or a restaurant with Kate Lims you have posted on Instagram – it's so strange to look at all of this, knowing that your relationship with Ms. Lims were rather peculiar. Oh, here are your photos from the gym. Tell me, aren't you tired of using pharmacology to look as attractive as possible? Everything about you can be summed up in fake smiles and constant showing off! And how much do you pay your professors to get the answers for the tests in advance? Excellent marks cost a lot, not to mention the tuition! Fine, this list of disclosure may go on and on. Anyway it's not that important, Mr. Royce. Tell us about this photo."

There was my favorite family photo on the wall. No! Not this one! The fury starts boiling in me, and I feel the determination to do what I want!