Chapter 24 ~The Visit~

Tom and Julietta raced as to who could make a draught of living death faster when Kadia walked through the door. Both of the students paused what they were doing before calmly continuing. "We are in the middle of something. Unpack and by then we will be done." By the time they were finished the two had completed at almost the exact same time. With a wave of a hand, both workstations had been cleaned and Kadia was walking into the potions room. "Hello, sister. I thought you would want to spend your holidays in London. When I heard you were in Papua New Guinea I figured I would stop in while on my way to back home to Australia. Now, who is this? Hello I am Julietta's sister Kadia." said Kadia holding out her hand for Tom to shake. He took it and answered "Hello Kadia, I saw you land your dragon earlier this year at our school. My name is Tom Riddle."

Tom went off somewhere to leave the siblings to themselves and once he was out of earshot Kadia said "You didn't tell Amon or I that you were in a romantic relationship. Were you going to tell us? You didn't even inform us that you would be having a guest." Kadia stared down her sister but Julietta returned her gaze with equal intensity. "My apologies sister. I am having a guest who I have had a romantic relationship with for the last few months. Thanks to the fact that you were living permanently with someone without telling us I don't feel too guilty. Besides, I didn't think that you too would care about a simple high school romance." said Julietta and Kadia answered "Of course we would care. Brother will want to do a background check and we want to know everything. This may surprise you but you are our baby sister and we are here to look after you." Silence then filled the room. 

"I will be back at school in a week," commented Julietta and Kadia replied "Good, I will be on my way now. Visit me if you happen to find yourself in Australia." Kadia gathered up her singular bag and then left to where her dragon was waiting. Julietta sat herself down and quickly composed a letter to her brother giving a brief description of her relationship with Tom. She didn't want her siblings to know but she wasn't mad that they knew. She didn't particularly care whether they knew or not but she was just so used to keeping it a secret. Not a single soul aside from those two and Dumbledore knew about the relationship. In a day the number of people who knew had almost doubled. They hadn't spoken about why they kept in a secret but it was just easier that way. 

"I liked her. I am glad you have a good family," commented Tom as they ate dinner. "Yes, I love them very much. What about you?" Looking over at her Tom frowned. "You know I was raised in an orphanage. I told you this. You wouldn't have forgotten it." said Tom and Julietta replied "You are smart and you knew that you were a Gaunt. Assuming you know nothing would be a foolish mistake." They both finished their food and they let the magic do the cleaning. "My Mother was a Gaunt. My father was a muggle." Tom knew that Julietta already had knowledge of this. It was his way of telling her to drop it. Julietta didn't need to know his dark past in his mind. He didn't want her to see that side of him. He was ashamed of the past him. Weak, small, and pathetic in his mind so the younger him was hidden away.

That night Tom held Julietta close. That night they didn't kiss like they normally did instead they went to bed with a slight tension. It wasn't hostile but it was there. By the time they woke up, all had been put aside as they had to start packing soon. They had spent all holidays together but soon it would be back to school. Julietta didn't mind but Tom was apprehensive. He had never had so much sleep in his life thanks to Julietta.

"I don't want to leave." Commented Tom as they read by the pool. "We don't have a choice. School is school. Besides one more year and you never have to go back. The world will be our oyster and you can do what you wish. Everyone thinks that you would be very good in the ministry. Professor Slughorn and Professor Bailly have a bet as to how many years until you are the minister of magic." Said Julietta and Tom answered "You know I am not one for politics and people. Let them fight among themselves. That would be more suited to you."

"Should we tell people?" Asked Tom and Julietta answered "I don't care. There are pros and cons to both options. You decide as I am a lot less invested. I am private but this is something that maybe we should disclose. We could only tell friends of course but that wouldn't last. If it is a claim you want to stake on me to ease your jealousy that wouldn't be a problem. We should only do it if there is a benefit." Tom nodded and the two silently decided to wait until they could see a real benefit.

A few days later the two apparated to one of the Goldwood's houses in London. With only a few days until school started Tom stopped by the orphanage to make sure they knew he was alive before quickly leaving. Soon enough their things were packed and they were getting in a private car. Holding Julietta close, Tom kissed her hard as it was the last time he would get to do so for a while. The night before neither slept much as they wanted to cherish the feeling of being able to sleep next to each other a night. The couple regretted getting into such a pleasant routine as they would have to break it soon enough once back at school.