Chapter 31 ~The Offer~

When Julietta returned to school she was greeted by Tom at the front gates. "How was your family?" asked Tom and Julietta answered "We met my sister's lover and Amon wasn't happy. The anniversary of our parent's death is supposed to be about honoring them instead of meeting someone new." Tom nodded in understanding and then the two made their way back to the Hogwarts castle. 

Across the country, Amon was sitting at a desk writing a few simple words to a daydreaming teacher. It was a short offer, straight to the point. The next day Julietta was asked to stay after charms class. "Miss Iverly, you wanted to talk to me," said Julietta and Miss Iverly replied "I will tell you this simply. Yesterday your brother came to this school and saw me for the first time in years. To be completely transparent I didn't notice as I was busy reading my book. A few years ago we fell in love. He asked me to marry him yesterday over a letter. I will be leaving the school for a week to get married, go on a honeymoon, and then I will return. I just wanted you to know." Julietta was mildly shocked but it was the only time her brother had taken an interest in anyone. She was happy the teacher would be continuing her work at the school. "Very well Miss Iverly. I wish you and my brother the best." 

With her bags packed and Headmaster Dippet informed of her short absence, Celestia left. She greeted Amon at a private lodge in the Swiss Alps. He gently kissed her and she forgot every single reason she doubted agreeing to the marriage. "The place is wonderful," Celestia commented after she had unpacked. Soon enough she was outside in the hot tub that had a stunning view over the Swiss Alps. Amon watched her as she sat there for an hour letting her imagination wander. The next day a government official came and married them with her secretary standing as a witness. Kadia found out the day after the wedding. With a goodbye kiss, the couple separated and returned to their work.  Since everything was private and since Celestia didn't change her last name, nobody knew. They liked it like that.

One day, Julietta received a letter from her brother with a time, a date, and place.  She wasn't sure as to what was happening but it was in the middle of a war zone. Julietta and Tom apparated to the point when her brother said. It was on the top of a large hill. She could feel the powerful magic in the air, making Julietta's hands shake with a need to rival it.  After looking down they saw it. Dumbledore and Grindleward in a battle. They both performed a spell and they met in the middle. The red and green clashed as Tom and Julietta watched in awe. The red started overpowering the green and soon enough Grindlewald was defeated. He shattered leaving nothing behind. It wasn't supposed to be that easy. There was supposed to be an amazing battle and yet that was how it ended. Dumbledore picked up the elder wand with tears in his eyes and took it for himself. Julietta watched her GodFather die with no emotion at all. She was thankful that the war was finally over.

Tom grabbed Julietta's hand and the two returned to the chamber. "I love you. One day I will make you a Queen. You will have the world," said Tom and Julietta looked up in shock. "I love you too Thomas." The two kissed with all the fire of the sun. He wasn't supposed to love and yet here he stood consumed by her. His evil plans and cruel ideas snatched away from him. He knew that loving her could destroy him but he didn't care. She didn't mind that part of him was consumed with a hatred for everyone and everything. 

You see in later years a child would compare Tom with the Devil. It was because the child knew that the Devil was once an angel. An angel that was God's favorite before he fell. Julietta knew the Devil he possessed. Julietta could feel it would crash and burn but she was prepared for it. Tom, on the other hand, was not. He refused to think that maybe they would end. Every day he got more and more consumed by her. So when they would crash and burn Julietta would be far more prepared. In years after they had both gone people would ask why Julietta had fallen for him. They could never find an answer and it was only the wisest who understood what had happened between them.

Months passed. The NEWTS and OWLS came leaving all of the fifth and seventh years stressed, tired, and worried. Tom and Julietta flew through all their exams with ease. Jezebel got many offers from Quidditch teams to become a star player. Jezebel and Oscar both had contracts to play for the Vratsa Vultures that would start once they had finished school. The two were excited and the team had brought them a house in Bulgaria for the day school finished. They went on to win many championships for the team. For a long time, they would be known as the best working partners ever to grace the sport. Teams would use them as a perfect example of teamwork. 

Eileen passed NEWTS with some ease. She got disowned and moved in with her boyfriend. The two got married and had a son a few years later. Maria decided to become a healer. She kept in touch with the group. Julietta got a job at the Ministry as the Assistant to the Minister of Magic. It was a job that would normally require years of experience. They were usually first in line to become the Minister of Magic when the Minister of Magic retired or died despite Minister of Magic being an elected post. Tom became a famous duller, potions master, and spell maker. People would lose every duel, he created new potions and spells for the fun of it. Soon Tom Riddle had become a household name for his magical spell work.