Chapter Seventeen

Trey

Trey

"All the sexy ladies in the room this morning here to see the man, Trey Songz!"

The entire room damn near shook from the screams and squeals that the women here let out.

Big Boy In the Morning was not only a LA staple for the community and culture; it was the second biggest r&b and hip hop station in the country.

"What's up, Big?"

"You tell us, you out here, my guy. You got new music out, you the face of heavy hitting liquor brands , you just signed a deal with Drais in Vegas for a semi residency...We working on a movie now," he said as the room got even more excited.

"All that..."

"And you and Tae Heck back together."

Once again, the room erupted as I smiled.

"Hello!" He added with his signature voice.

"Shout out to Tae Heck one time." I said as the girls squealed in admiration.

"Big shouts out to the homie, the living legend, Tae Heckard," he responded, "How did that happen after years of being apart?"

"Mannnnn, That's my baby. I think deep down I was always hoping  we would reunite. I guess the stars aligned and brought us back together."

"That's sweet." Laura, Big's co-host, responded with a smile.

"What's it like man, when you wake up to that in the morning?" Big inquired leaning into his mic.

"Not gon hold you; like heaven." I answered truthfully.

The ladies in the room once again swooned as most of them held their chests.

"Ladies, y'all can stop it now." Big joked making my team laugh, "How are the kids doing?"

"They good, getting big. It hurts my feelings that they're growing up so fast."

"How old are they now?" Laura asked.

"Tre'Anna is six, TJ will be four in a couple weeks, and Rose is almost three."

"Rose is the child you have with the dancer, Helen Gedlu, correct?"

I nodded.

"Let me dive into your business a lil bit." He said, "Was she the reason you and Tae divorced?"

"Nah, Tae and I were past that when we decided to divorce."