Chapter Eight

Tae

Tae

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed.

Sure, I knew the nigga was hot but I didn't think he'd seriously sleep in my house and not end up in here at some point during the night.

I looked over at my digital clock and it was almost noon.

I went and did my hygiene routine and slipped on some sweatpants and a tank and went downstairs.

As I descended from the staircase, I smelled food and heard loud noises coming from my living room.

When I walked in, Trey, Kelly, and Bey were there playing with the kids.

"Good morning." I greeted them.

"Morning boobie."

"Morning sissy."

Trey acted like he was so busy playing with the kids he couldn't acknowledge me.

"Mommy, you hungry? Daddy made breakfast!" TJ said grabbing my hand.

"He did?"

It was only then that Trey looked at me.

"Uh huh, come look."

He pulled me by the hand towards the kitchen. Sure enough, there was a spread lying over my island with sausages, bacon, eggs, biscuits, grits, French toast, oatmeal, and all kinds of other stuff.

"Daddy made all of this?"

"I did."

Trey walked into the kitchen and leaned over the counter.

"I've never known you to cook like this. You must have had a great night."

"It started out that way." He mumbled.

We locked eyes and I could definitely tell he was real salty about our last conversation.

"Uh, can I have some bacon?" TJ asked looking between us like we were crazy.

"Like mother, like child. Here boy, you and this damn bacon." Trey told him handing him a piece, "you done had like five pieces already."

He grabbed it and ran out of the kitchen.

"So how long are you gonna be mad about this bs?" I asked as I made a plate.

"If by 'this bs' you're referring to ole boy, i'ma be irritated until you tell him what it is." He replied instantly.

"I told you last night, I'm not even sure what it is," I explained, "you can't just bully me into doing what you want me to do. You gotta let me figure this out in my own time and in my own way."