Chapter Twenty Eight

Trey

Trey

"It's good to see you back out here." Kevin said from my right.

I was here at the House of Blues to watch my guy Bryson Tiller's show.

His celebrity and artistry was through the roof right now. I was proud of him and all his accomplishments.

I was in rehab when his song first shot up the charts, so I figured a couple of the guys and I would pull up on him tonight and show support.

"It feel good to be back in the mix a lil bit." I admitted.

Although I didn't consider alcohol or weed to be harmful to me, ninety days in treatment had me completely sober.

I wasn't ready to have a drink yet and being here empty handed had me feeling a lil out of place.

Although I had a seat almost in hidden view, a couple groups of girls below spotted me and were screaming their faces off as they waved frantically.

I leaned over the rail and puckered my lips their way to give them air kisses.

"Still got it." Kevin teased making me chuckle.

When the screams got louder, I turned to my left and noticed Chris and his entourage walking up.

"Yo, you blowing the spot up." I joked as we shook hands and hugged.

"My bad, but I seen you from a distance and had to come speak. You know you my bro." He replied hugging me again, "you good?"

"I am," I told him, "I'm better. How you?"

He sucked his teeth and gave me a faint smile.

"You know, life is life."

I shrugged.

"I know that, but it's what we make of it."

"Right."

The groups of girls got bigger and bigger beneath us.

"I think we might need to watch this show from backstage. This ain't gon go well." I mumbled.

"On it." Kevin responded.

Twenty minutes later, me, the guys, Chris, and his people were all backstage as the show started.

"Yo, look who the fuck it is." Forrest told me nodding towards our left.

I saw a group of girls eyeballing me.

"Who?"

"Ya baby mama."

When I looked again, I noticed Helen in the midst of the chicks.