Chapter Fifteen

Trey

Trey

"I don't understand why you gotta leave right now. We're leaving tomorrow."

I walked in the bedroom where Kelly and Titan were sleeping at my Mom's to find Tae.

She'd been missing most of the morning and I was itching to feel out her temperature after the dumb shit Helen pulled last night.

"Girl, I'm just ready for a lil quiet time. I need to be at peace with my thoughts." Kelly told Tae.

She saw me walk in out the corner of her eye and turned my way.

"Oh, hey brother."

"Sup."

Tae quickly looked my way, sighed, and turned back to Kelly.

"Plus, you got your own shit to deal with." Kelly mumbled nodding towards me, "i'ma just go back to your house and chill."

"If that's what you really wanna do, okay," Tae backed down, "but I really want you here."

"You got most of your village around you. You'll be fine without me for a couple days. Stop being dramatic."

"Fine." Tae said under her breath as she crossed her arms.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked her.

Reluctantly, she stood and followed me out to the hallway.

"How you feeling?" I asked grabbing her hands.

"I'm good." She mumbled.

"You wanna talk about yesterday?"

Her eyes rolled as she sighed.

"Not really, but maybe we should..."

"I already know." I interjected, "and I want to talk too. But the truth is, I planned something special for us and the kids and we kinda need to get packed up so we can go."

"Something like what?" She inquired with skepticism.

"You'll find out soon. Go pack."

Six hours later....

"Are we there yet?" TJ asked excitedly as he felt the jet start to descend.

"Almost."

He sat up in his seat and pulled down the window shade.

"I see snow!"

Anna shifted in my lap where she'd been sleep and slowly lifted her head from my chest.

"Hey sleepyhead."

I kissed her forehead as she wiped her eyes.

"We there?"

"Almost. We're landing now."

I pulled down the shade closest to me so she could see.

"It's snow on the mountains!" She said excitedly, still wiping her eyes.