Chapter Eighteen

Trey

Trey

"Amelio, how you doing brother?"

"So so, Sonny. Today seem a lil complicated, huh?"

"Yeah, it seem that way. Fuckin wit a cop's family? That's new heights for even you."

"I know, but times is hard, man. You know the kinda cash I gotta drop to send my lil kid off to college one day? Real criminal shit."

"That sound like yo problem."

"The more I make? Cop? The more y'all mufucka's take man."

"Just let her go, man. She ain't a part of this."

"Look like you made her a part of this now. According to your old man, Jake."

"Let her go."

"Man, you know who shop this is?"

"Cut!"  John, the director, yelled.

Immediately, the scene came to a halt and all of us came out of character.

"Amazing guys," he added as a couple claps sounded from different directions, "might be a take. I'll let you know shortly. Break for now."

New Orleans was my temporary home these days, at least until this movie wrapped.

I was renting out the penthouse at the Four Seasons and had been for the last three weeks while shooting a film, Blood Brothers.

The penthouse was right across from the movie studio we were shooting at which made it extra convenient.

Being the first person on the call sheet, the lead, was stressful.

Although music was my first love, acting was something I delved into some time ago that I'd grown to enjoy as well.

I liked the variety of being able to do something contrary to what was normally my thing.

John gave us the okay to wrap for the week after a long motivational speech about culture, film, and review for the twentieth time since the start of filming.

Before he could hit a second wind, which he was known to do, we all said our goodbyes until Monday morning and scattered.

Twenty minutes later, I was in the penthouse making sure I had everything I needed for the hour flight to Memphis.

When I was satisfied, Bugzi, Nikki, Bully, and my guy Tip Toe, headed to the hanger to catch the jet.

An hour and a half later....

"Meet me back here Sunday evening. Maybe around seven," I told my team as I departed from the truck, "enjoy yall weekend off."

"You too, boss."

I grabbed my bags and walked through the front door at Tae's.

No sooner than I was inside, my phone rung.