Prologue

"Come on," I encouraged. "You can do this. I know you can."

A cry of pain emitted from the woman in the bed. I looked up to Harry the other side of the bed. His eyes were wide, but his grin was even wider. He winked at me, silently telling me everything was going to be okay.

"Push, sweetie," he told her. "I have every bit of faith in you."

"I-I can't," she sobbed before she let out a scream that rippled through me.

"Of course you can," Harry spoke, squeezing her hand tightly. He swiped the damp hair from her forehead and gave her his signature smile. "You've already done so much for us and we can't thank you enough. You're almost there. I know you can do it. Now push!"

*****

Holding such a delicate thing as my daughter was something I could never describe. I was overwhelmed with joy and excitement, but I couldn't stop crying. As soon as I cradled our child, holding her to my chest and watching her tiny facial features move so gently, the whirlwind of emotions all integrated into pure happiness. I watched as she opened her eyes and we looked at each other for the first time. In that moment, a bond was created that would last a lifetime.

Harry perched on the arm of the chair I was sat on to have his first gaze at our daughter. "She's beautiful," he whispered. I could feel all of his emotions in his tone. He rested his cheek on the top of my head and brought his large hand down to slowly rub our child's cheek with the back of his finger. "This is it, Rosie. We're parents."

And he was right. This was a new beginning to our lives. I held the new life brought into this world only minutes ago tight against me and made a silent promise that I would do anything to protect her.

I looked up from our baby and to the woman who had given us the gift of this tiny little life. "We're going to name her after her surrogate mother," I said, getting a tight squeeze to my shoulder from my husband. "Kayla Grace Styles"