31. Dark Memories

I spun around to see a familiar small light in the distance. I picked up speed as I headed closer and closer to Harry's lost soul. Luke was carrying Grace at this point to keep up with me.

I quickly headed towards the light in shear determination to get Harry out of this place. Soon enough, I stepped into another world I instantly recognised. The leaves of the trees rustled above my head in the light wind. I looked down to see the dirt under my feet. Grace and Luke quickly caught up with me. A hand was suddenly placed on my arm.

"Are you okay?" Luke asked.

I nodded, but deep down I wasn't. I knew Harry had some dark memories in this place and I wasn't sure if I was ready to witness them myself.

"What's wrong?" Grace queried, glancing from me to Luke.

I wiped a tear from my eye. "Harry has bad memories here," I croaked. "Harry almost jumped from the cliff as a teenager."

"Oh God," Grace said.

"There's something else," Luke muttered.

We both looked at him.

"This was where Samuel abused Harry's mum."

My chest tightened painfully. All these hurtful memories stored in a place once full of happiness, the place Harry had been imprisoned.

"This is where it happened?" Grace asked.

Luke nodded. "Yeah."

Grace fell silent, waiting until Luke and I were ready. Every part of me didn't want to walk up to the cliffside, but I knew Harry was there and he needed us more than ever.

"Let's go," I muttered before walking on, through the trees and out to the opening. I wanted to feel comfort being here. It was where I turned Harry and our lives changed for the better. I knew I wanted to be with Harry for the rest of my life. He saved me.

My breathing was heavy with anxiety as we climbed the cliffside. A tall figure was stood on the edge of the cliff staring down at the water below. His shoulders were tense and his hands in fists by his side. Rain was falling from the sky, but only onto him. As I stared at him, I knew I recognised him, but something was different. He looked smaller, younger, more innocent. Harry told me of the time he almost jumped and how grateful he was that he didn't.

Another figure suddenly approached him. It was the Harry that I knew today. I took a step forward to approach him, but I was stopped. An invisible wall was there, keeping me from getting Harry out of here. I reached out to the wall. I couldn't see it, but it was there and as strong as ever.

"Harry!" I called out, banging on the wall. "Harry, I'm here!"

"What's going on?" Luke asked from behind me.

"I-I can't get to him." I looked back to Luke for some help.

His eyebrows furrowed before he reached out to the wall. It stopped him also. "What the hell?"

"Harry!" I cried, now kicking at the wall. "It's Rosie, Harry! I'm going to take you home!"

But the two Harry figures remained still. All I could do was watch as the older Harry turned to the younger one. He stared at his younger self for a while before my Harry finally muttered, "You should have jumped."

I whimpered and clasped a hand over my mouth. He was wrong. I was grateful for Harry still being here today, but clearly he wasn't. The scene suddenly changed and we were no longer on the cliffside. We appeared to be in a nightclub. The music was blaring and bright lights blinded me. Someone had just climbed up onto the table with cheering people around him. He was waving a debit card in the air and yelling abuse at the man behind the bar, clearly drunk. The people on the ground were getting rowdier and a few tried to climb up on the table as well. Suddenly, the table tipped and a young Harry slipped and crashed onto the floor, his eyes closed and his body still.