4. Brother

I let out a scoff. "You can't be. Harry doesn't have a brother."

"What's going on?" a rough voice asked from behind me. I turned my head around to see Harry approaching me, sweeping his messy hair from his forehead. His form had grown in height and strength ready to attack and protect if needed. "Who are you?"

"My name's Luke," the man repeated. "I'm sorry, I was told that Harry Styles lived here?"

"That's me," he replied in a low voice.

Luke's eyes widened as he took in Harry's strong and broad body. He instantly began to look more nervous than before. The man pressed his chin to his chest and offered Harry his hand. Harry glanced at me before hesitantly taking the trembling hand of the man stood before us. After the two men shook hands for a few seconds, Luke finally looked back up and for the first time I noticed the similar glint in Luke's eyes that I'd seen in Harry's eyes a million times. Full of warmth.

Luke swallowed hard before taking back his hand. "I...I believe I'm your brother."

I glanced back at Harry. His mouth had fallen open and he stopped blinking. Luke was staring down at his feet shuffling on the ground.

"You're...my brother?" Harry stuttered.

Luke looked back up. "I think so, yes."

Harry fell silent again. His face scrunched up, causing wrinkled lines to form on his forehead as he tried working this out. I slipped my hand into his and smiled at Luke.

"Come in," I said, opening the door and letting the man slip past us. I pointed the living room door out to Luke before closing the door again. Once Luke was in the other room, I held Harry's confused face in my hands.

"Hey," I said in a soothing tone. Harry's eyes finally found mine. "Do you know how this could have happened?"

Harry shook his head. "No, it doesn't make any sense."

I gave him a sympathetic smile and reached down to hold his hand. "Let's go find out then."

Harry hesitated before nodding and letting me lead him into the living room. Luke was pacing up and down, muttering lowly to himself. As soon as the door closed behind us, he jumped and quickly spun around.

"S-sorry," he stuttered.

I smiled and sat on the sofa, pulling Harry down with me. "Sit," I offered. He smiled and perched on the edge of the chair. I kept my hand in Harry's on his lap and squeezed it reassuringly. I opened my mouth to start the conversation, but Harry interrupted.

"How?" he asked. "This doesn't make sense. How do I have a brother?"

Luke, who had been biting his nails, lowered his hand from his mouth and looked straight at Harry. "I believe we're half-brothers."

"Half?" Harry repeated. "I-I'm so confused."

"I'm sorry, I'm not being very helpful," Luke muttered. He pulled out a folded-up photo and unfolded it with his shaking hands. He took a moment to glance down at the picture before handing it to Harry. Harry took it from him and opened it up.

"We have the same dad," Luke said.

In that moment, it was a though Harry and I had forgotten how to breathe. My head shot around to face Harry. He was staring down at the photo of a young blonde woman stood with a tall, broad man. Harry's hand was clenched tightly around mine.

"My mum had a short relationship with Samuel," Luke said. "He left her for another woman before she could tell him she was pregnant. I think the woman's name was Amelia."