Case 016: False Accusations 👮

"Investigation"

ALEJANDRO
The tables turned and the last card was probably handed by him. He just need to study this case for a sure win. He don't want to admit, but this gullible girl beside him, helps him a lot! He felt, he's obliged to give her something in return.

"Because you intervened in this case again, I'll give you some part. "

"Talaga?" her eyes glows in excitement.

He nodded. "Yes."

"Ano?"

He can sense the excitement in her tone. This woman is probably loves to solve cases like this. Based on their conversation then, she left the service because of a sick mother. In other words, she's not ready to give up her position that's explain why she's hunger for more.

"Last interrogation kay Nathalie, she admit that she committed the crime, but I know she did that because she was forced to do so." He breath before continuing. "So, that would be your job... convince her to tell truth."

"Madali lang 'ya---"

He cut her before she could finish her sentence. "Nope! If you think it's easy,you're wrong. I tried to convince her a hundred times but Nathalie accept defeat. Tinanggap na niya ang kapalaran niya." He shrugged his shoulder as he said that.

"Ano nga namang laban niya sa mga kalaban 'di ba?" she commented.

She's right. The person behind this is powerful and influential, they're also willing to spend a lot of money just to win the case. But Alejandro's not afraid of them. He will never be one of people like Nathalie.

"Nathalie is already nineteen years old so she can be imprisoned if she keeps on insisting. Do your job well. "

"Yes Sir!" She saluted to him. She looks so childish and vulnerable.

ALEXIS
Ngayon ang unang araw nila para sa pag hawak ng kaso ni Nathalie. The case is now officially passed to Alejandro. Being his assistant, she have to be there. Buti na lang hindi naman nakisabay si JM at sa sunod na linggo pa ang trabaho niya dito. She have time to focus with this case.

"Alexis!" bati ni Kath sa kanya. "Nasa loob na si inspector kanina ka pa hinihintay."

"Gan'on ba? Sige tara na," she answered. Together they rushes to interrogation room. Naabutan niya doon si Alejandro nasa harap nito si Nathalie na sumisigaw at mariin paring tumatanggi.

"Sinabi ko na kay Inspector Santiago ang nangyari ano pa bang gusto n'yo?!"

"You know I will never consider that. Tell me the truth. Don't be afraid, we're here to help you," Alejandro exerting too much effort but Nathalie already in the verge of losing hope.

"Kayo?" pagak na ngumiti ito. "Eh baka nga pati kayo sunod-sunuran lang dito eh!"

"Aba! Sumusobra ka na!" Susugod sana si Kath pero pinigilan ito ni Ivan at Niel sa magkabilang kamay.

"Stop it, Cañete!"

"Pero Inspector? Hindi naman namin hahayaang na bastusin ka lang niya."

"I'm okay," he said in a low truncated voice. "I'm not the main concern here." He give her signals. She think it's time to do her job.

"Nathalie, makinig ka sa'kin," she said looking straight to her. "I know you accept defeat. Alam ko na nakahanda ka na sa kung anong pwedeng mangyari sa'yo pero ang tanong ang pamilya mo handa na ba?"

Nathalie's expression soften, mayamaya narinig nila ang paghikbi nito. Alejandro looked at the woman beside him. On his mind, he thought that he never gone wrong for giving her this job. He knew she can handle it.