Case 090. Epilogue 👮

Four years later...

ALEXIS
She scanned the huge pile of reports on her desk. She needs to review it one by one. She heaved a sigh as she look helplessly on it. Even if she spent her whole night, alam niyang niyang hindi niya pa rin mauubos iyon.

She look around her office, She occupied Alejandro's office she wants to feel his presence. She feel that she needs his guidance order to solve cases they encounter everyday.

"Inspector Mendoza tama na muna 'yan let's eat dinner." Tobby approaches her. Yes she's an inspector now, she got promoted a few months ago.

She spent the last four years of her life working all day and nights. She have to do that in oder to forget the pain Alejandro caused her. She understand the situations but of course, she can't help but to pity herself. Kaya sa mga nakalipas na taon ay inabala na lang niya ang sarili sa pagtatrabaho.

Tobby and her get a long well. Mabait rin naman pala ang binata, kailagan lang nito ng atensyon at pagmamahal bagay na Hindi nito naramdaman sa sailing ama. 

Nagpatuloy din ang magandang samahan niya sa dating team ni Alejandro na ngayon ay team na niya. Si Niel at isa na ring SPO4 na naghihintay na lamang ng promotion upang naging ganap na inspektor . Si Ella ay mahiyain pa rin hanggang ngayon. Tobby always teas Ella to date him which Ella always answer with a chuckl. Kath and Ivan are still the same...cat and dog as always.

Ang hepe nila ay nakadalawang palit na rin. After Chief Asaytuno, Chief Melendez head the Capitol. After two years, when he turned sixty, nag-retire na rin ito. Now they have Inspector Ramirez as their chief. Magaan din namang katrabaho ito at katulad ni Chief Asaytuno ay mapagkakatiwalaan din.

PhiloSpy was dissolve and they just make their office a longue. According to Patricia, Master George suggested that before he leave. Once a month ay nagkikita-kita silang magkakaibigan. May anak na rin si Trinity at Dexter a very cute two years old baby girl. As expected Patricia remained single. She said she don't need a man to be happy.

Si Ena naman ay hindi pa rin nagbabago kasama pa rin niya ito sa apartment. Nakatapos na ito ng pag-aaral at nagtatrabaho sa isang sikat na banko Capitol. She's very happy to have her kahit paano nababawasan ang lungkot niya kapag kasama ang makulit na kaibigan.

"Hey Alexis c'mon get up!" she snapped out of her reverie and look at Tobby. Inayos niya ang pagkakasalansan ng mga folder bago sumunod sa binata.

Ingay ang sumalubong sa kanila nang makalabas ng opisina. As usual nangunguna ang boses ni Ivan.

"Inspector long time no see. You have a lot of things to tell us, kaya magsimula ka na."

She was stunned on where she's standing she can't able to move her feet.

She rubbed her eyes and look at the man who's in front of them. Nothing in this world prepared her for this moment. She never thought that she will see him again after so many years.

Their eyes lacked on each other for one frozen moment. No one talk they stare at each bother for a couple of seconds.

"Hey... we're still here!" Kath remarks and giggled.

Inakbayan ni Ivan si Kath. "Ikaw naman inggit ka lang eh!"

Kath cringed her nose and tapped Ivan's hand on her shoulder.

"Aray!" Ivan said in mocking hurt.

"Kumusta?" he said, still not breaking their eye contact.

"I'm good...we're doing good," she answered when she got back on her senses.
She can't look straight in his eyes.

"Oo nga Inspector alam mo na si Niel malapit nang maging inspector, si Ella naman ayan oh kita mo naman, ang galing-galing n'yan sa mga operation namin. Eto naman si Kath, hanggang ngayon 'di ko pa rin sinasagot."

"Kapal ng kupal!" Kath rolled her eyes which make them laughed.

She's very happy to see them complete again just like before. Nagkwekwentuhan at nag-aasaran. Parang walang taon ang lumipas.

Everything feels fine.

"Where's the last RDV?" Alejandro asked as he scanned his eyes all over the corner.

"He's gone," Tobby answered.

"What do you mean by his gone?"

"Inspector after a week nang umlis ka, we found him unconsciously lying on his cell. Nadala pa siya sa ospital but the doctor said that he's dead on arrival." Niel explained.

"He killed himself inspector," Kath said and bowed her head.

Their conversation interrupted when the phone rang. Ivan who's nearest to the phone pick it up and answered the call.

"Yes," Ivan stopped, probably listening to the person on the other line. "Okay, we'll be there in ten minutes."

"What it is?"

"May banggaan daw sa Adler st. Nasa limang kotse 'yong napinsala at
nag-cause na rin ng trapik," bumaling kay Alejandro. "Inspector mamaya na natin ipagpatuloy ang kamustahan natin, babalik namang kami agad pagkatapos."

Alejandro just nodded in respond.

"You can come with us, if you want." Tobby said.

"Thanks Inspector Santiago but I have some thing to do, maybe next time."

"Okay." Tobby shrugged.

Her co-officers stormed out of their office one by one. She was about to follow them the Alejandro grabbed her hand.

"And where do you think you're going?"

"Eh saan pa ba sa tingin mo?"he said with a hissed. She hate the way he act. He left her four years ago after saying that he like her too...and now he's back as if nothing happened.

"Would you like to come with me?"

She furrowed her brows. "Come with you? Where? "

"You'll see."

Naguguluhan man ay sumunod na rin siya sa binata. She just silently following his steps. Akala niya ay lalabas sila ng headquarters pero nagulat siya ng pumasok ito sa pasilyo hanggang sa makarating sila sa opisina ng Hepe.

Alejandro look at her before knocking on the door.

"Come in," they heard the Chief's voice giving them a permission to come in.

Alejandro assist her and let her in first before following her.

"Chief," bati ng binata sa bagong hepe.

Chief Ramirez lift up his head from the file he was reading and smiled to them. "Oh Garcia you're here?"

Alejandro stand straight and saluted to the Chief. "Sr. Inspector Alejandro Garcia reporting!"

A smile formed her lips as she look at the culprit who stole her heart.

He smiled back.

And she believes that this is not the epilogue of their story, this is just a start. The beginning of the new chapter of their lives.

THE END