CHAPTER 3

I was sitting in a corner in the dressing room reviewing the photos I took when I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked up to a large face towel hanging in front of my face, behind it I saw a smiling Ashton.

"Take a break, Jinny. Its 11am. I'm guessing you haven't had breakfast yet or any snacks," he said. He offered the towel, "And wipe your sweat off, it's gross."

"Yep, no breakfast yet but I'm good. Thanks, by the way," I said as I took the towel and wiped my face. I haven't noticed being this sweaty. I was too hyped up, I suppose. I laughed then added, "Not sweaty as you are, though."

"Shut up. Drumming takes a lot of effort. They have food there in the other room, come on," he said and started to walk towards the door.

"You played a beatbox this morning, not a drumkit, but you're still as sweaty. But whatever, I'll be right there, I'll just tidy up my stuff, you go on," I said, already starting to gather my things. I kept my macbook, connector and DLSR, put them all in my backpack. I was zipping it close when I felt my sore arm, whoa, I didn't know I was this tired and sore already.

I now realize that I've been all over the place this morning. I was up and shooting when the boys arrived, followed them inside and took photos on the live radio interview. And took shots up close when the boys performed acoustic live, and I went back far down the audience to make a wide shot.

Another round of shots on the M&G and signing. And a little photoshoot of the boys standing by the radio station's logo.

Funny, but they got a little more professional and focused, not snickering at me. Almost ignoring me. Almost, because I have a few shots of each of the boys looking directly at the camera when they weren't supposed to.

When I looked up, Ash was still there, standing with his back on the door.

"I told you, I'll be right there and you go on already," I said. He was just looking at me intently with a little smile on his face.

"Nah, you're done, right? Come on, I'm freaking hungry," he said.

"I didn't ask to you fetch me and wait," I said as I stood up, looked at my reflection in the dressing room mirror and combed my crazy hair into place and walked up to him.

"I actually miss you sassing me, at least that didn't change," he said, touching my hair. "Your hair, Jinny. I miss it, and its ruined by these dyes."

I shifted my weight, "Have I changed a lot? I'm still your little girl, Ash. Just taller and dresses differently," I explained. I can't blame him though, my hair is a mess. It was originally wavy and brown, now its mainly green but its a bit fading now.

"You are not punk rock. You are the little girl who wore every dress I bought her, okay?" he said then pinched both of my cheeks.

"Ash?!" I flinched away when he let go of my cheeks. "I'm not 13 or 15 okay? You were the sole reason I was, even at 15, didn't know how to dress properly. I'm 18, I'm entitled to wear what I want," I rambled.

"Okay, okay," he laughed and put his hands up in surrender. "Come on now, I told you, I'm starving," then he made a face.

I wanted to stay pissed coz he pinched me in the cheeks real hard, but his 'starving' face just got me. I laughed.

"Whatever, dork," I walked with him out the door. He put his hands over my shoulders, and I felt two years of separation disappear. I was still his little girl.

I looked up at him, smiling and I saw the same happiness in his eyes. I really missed this boy.

He was that big brother I never had, he was there when my father wasn't which was basically all the time.