CHAPTER 36

NO ASHTON DIDN'T DIE SOZ FOR THAT CLIFFHANGER

I LUB YOU GOIS X

-S
----------------
LEIJIN'S POV

He wasn't on the bed, or in the room at all. The worry that hasn't completely settled down came back.

Where the heck is he?

As per the continuous hours I've cried and cried, I felt pathetic as tears start brimming, threatening to spill. Why the fuck am I crying so much? And, where the fuck is Ashton?

I stood just outside our private room, gathering my thoughts and focused on thinking of places where Ashton could be. I was completely clueless, I was never in this hospital before. I started walking aimlessly around the halls, thinking walking would be at least a tad but better than just standing around. I might stumble into Ashton.

As I rounded up the corner, I did stumble into somebody. It wasn't Ashton, though.

Mae.

Her again? What's with me always bumping into her?

She held my shoulders because she almost knocked me over, I looked at her, my eyes piercing through her. She cringed but held on.

"Why are you here?"

"Lei, listen to me," she urged me to do so.

"But Ashton's gone," I whined, her tone calming me down. I don't want to be the annoying, psycho ex-girlfriend. I'm going to be mature about this, but Ashton. Where is he?

"Ashton's in the rooftop, with Luke," she said calmly. "They're talking. Uhm, can we talk, too?"

The relief that flooded through me was like fresh air. I welcomed it. Ashton is safe. I nodded at her and she led me back to Ashton's suite and we sat in the couch.

"Did you ever hear what Luke said when Ashton got rushed to the hospital? You looked distracted that time."

I shook my head, "It was when Anne called me. Yeah, I was so fucking distracted. It was like my mind went on a mode where I just thought of Ashton. I was worried."

She smiled apologetically, "So maybe it confused you why I was there, with Luke."

I eyed her, waiting for her to speak again.

"You see, we had almost the same hair color back then, right? So, at Niall's house party, Luke mistook me for you. It was the first time we met and I admit," she giggled a bit,"I tried flirting with him."

"But as soon as I saw that red haired bandmate of his, I quickly changed references," she smiled wistfully. And I see it, she likes Michael, too much for her own good maybe.

I find myself smiling, remembering Michael being so into the mysterious Mae he kept on texting. Now finding out she likes him, too. I can just imagine Michael's face lighting up.

As she saw me smile I saw her visibly relax. "And well, there's a whole lot story more to it but would you listen? It'll clear everything up about what you feel about Luke."

"It's about time all this fucked-up shit got cleared up," I said with a tight smile and she went ont her story-telling.

x

x

x

LUKE'S POV

"You're such a fucking martyr, man."

"If I wasn't then you wouldn't be able to get back togetehr with her," he laughed bitterly.

My head hang low. "S-sorr--"

"Don't say sorry. It's my decision. I want Leijin happy. It just happened that you were the guy that makes her happy," he punched me lightly in the arm. I glanced over to him.

Ashton looked calm. The two-day sleep did him good. He really was exhausted, as so was Lei. I couldn't visit him with Lei there. It hurts but today I couldn't help myself. And when I entered the room, there he was.

Finally awake and watching Lei sleep. He asked me to take him on a walk and we ended here, him clearing up everything. Things I already knew all because of Mae.

I feel so awful yet so happy at the same time. Awful because I put Leijin and him on such a painful situation. Of all people, I never want Leijin hurt but here we are. Happy because now that everything's got cleared up, there's hope for my love for her. I can still be with her.

After just hanging out there, enjoying the cool afternoon breeze, we decided to go back to his suite. Expecting Lei still sleeping, as she haven't had decent sleep ever since Ash got confined, we both were quite shocked to see Mae sitting alone in the sofa, waiting for us.

"She said she had to go. Now that you guys are okay. We've, uhhh, talked," she said.

I looked over to Ashton and saw the same emotion I have on my face at the moment: Disappointment.

That's it? After Ash had woken up, she just leaves? After everything gets cleared up between all the things that's keeping us apart, she just disappears?

I quickly bid Ashton goodbye and for him to rest up, I wanted to go. but I waited for Anne to come since he'd woken up and I sat around, waiting for Anne. As she came up, I dashed to the elevator, frantic to find Lei.

I need to talk to her. And only us.

Us. I'd do everything to bring that back.

-------
awful filler sorry :(