CHAPTER 19

LEI'S POV

I stared at his blazing blue eyes. The eyes that fascinated me up to no end, they have always been so mysterious, always hiding his thoughts. I look at them and find myself lost.

My cheeks instantly flush. He knows my weakness. I can't blame myself, I don't know what happens but when he kisses me, all thoughts disappear and all I can think of is to kiss him back like my life depended on it.

"I'm serious, Lei," he put his hands on my shoulders, his face stern, his blue eyes turning dark blue, hinting his seriousness. "I like you, I really do."

I opened my mouth to say something but ended up closing it again. What would I say?

"You're supposed to say you like me, too," he pouted, almost reading my thoughts.

"But-"

"Come on, Lei. I know you do, you respond so well to my kisses," he cut me off.

If my cheeks could be redder than it already is, it would've been. He didn't need to say anything about the kiss!

"You like me, too, right?" he said as he slowly leaned in, planting little kisses at my jawline, making me close my eyes.

I tilted my head back to give him more access. I shuddered as I felt the cold metal of his lipring touch my blistering skin.

I am seriously losing my mind.

"Lei?" I shuddered as he said my name.

I started to pull away from him, I can't think straight with his lips on me.

"Wait-Alright, I'm sorry," he said, struggling to have me back in his arms.

I stopped as I saw his eyes. Gone was the Luke teasing me awhile ago, all I could see was a nervous Luke, like the one I knew 3 years ago, scared to talk to me.

He took a deep breath, and slowly let go, holding me at arms length, "I'm sorry for kissing you. Not that I don't like them, they're heavenly but I want to clear it up to you."

"I like you, Leijin Connors. You may have noticed me wanting your lips on mine, getting jealous when you're too close to Ash. I like you, that's why. And I'm not fooling around."

I started to say something but he quickly cut me off.

"And don't tell me it's friendship love, Lei. No friend loves another friend like this. No friend wants to bang his friend on a dressing room wall right now, and I seriously want to fuck you senseless right now. So stop telling me that friendship love bullshit."

I gasped at what he said, something inside of me stirring up in anticipation. I didn't know I affected him that way.

He stared at me, waiting for an answer.

x

We flew back to L.A. the next day to go back to tour with 1D and to play a gig in House of Blues. I've been there once, awesome place.

I feel excited to fly back to L.A. since my other friends were there, the people I work with in my agency.

I was sitting on the plane beside Luke. He never left my side after that night. I think I did the right thing. I'm still not sure if he really likes me but I can see that he's happy and I am, too.

He's currently snoring, his head resting on my shoulders. Our hands were intertwined under the blanket, his grip solid, obviously not wanting to let go of my hand. I took a deep breath as memories of the night of the iTunes Festival came back.

"What do you want to happen then?" I asked him, finally mustering enough strength to ask him.

"I want to be able to be with you always. I want to be able to kiss you when I want to. To always know where you are. To-"

"You want to date me?" I asked, again.

"Basically, y-yes," he said, looking down. Oh, now he's shy? I laughed internally.

"If I'm going to say yes to this, can you promise me that you'll take things slow?" I said, actually delighted with the idea. I think as he said he likes me, something clicked into place, I like him, too. That now explains the flutters, the spark. Everything fell into place as he confessed. It was like I knew it all along, I'm in love with Luke Hemmings.

It was so easy admitting it to myself, like a huge burden came off my shoulders. Like I solved one big problem. All the stress all these weeks was because of this, this confusing feeling I felt and now have realized.

"Will the boys know?" I asked him, yet again.

"Yes? But it's better if we let them figure it out themselves" he looked up to me, unsure with his answer. "Well, I want Ashton to know, at the least. So he'll know to stay away from you."

"Why does he need to stay away from me?" I wondered, disgruntled by what he said.

"I told you, I get jealous when you're together. Besides, what's mine is mine," he said, pulling me against him.

I giggled, "Yours? I didn't even say yes yet."

"I know you will," he smiled his crooked smile at me and I knew I was going to say yes.

"Well, of course, Hemmo," I tiptoed and planted a chaste kiss on his lips, quickly pulling away. Only to crash once again with his lips, as he pulled me in, savoring the feeling.

Everything felt so new, now that we have come to a different chapter, his kiss felt sweeter, his hands exploring my waist felt more hotter, each touch sending burning jolts inside of me. I gasped as his hands find its way to my hips and gripped them.

"Take things slow, haven't I said that?" I mumbled, not sure if I was coherent since my mouth was busy playing with his lipring.

He moaned and answered, his voice husky, "I'm not doing anything. Yet"

My eyes snapped open as he grind his hips on mine, making me feel him, hard and powerful. I shuddered as I felt his arousal, brushing on mine and everything became hotter than it already was.

I shuddered. Who knows what would've happened that night if nobody knocked on the dressing room door.

I remember busting into laughter as we adjusted our clothes and pretended to do other stuff as Luke opened the door at Michael. I couldn't keep my laughter as I pretended to type things on my Mac.

x

It was late afternoon when we arrived at L.A. and we all settled back to our tour bus. Luke carried my suitcase.

I was 99% percent sure the others already know something was up because they were almost gawking as Luke grabbed my hand as he set down my suitcase in my bunk and pulled me outside.

"Where are we going?" I asked him, as we were walking along the street. He got his backpack and took out a large beanie, ray bans and some dreadlocks wig. He stopped at the sidewalk and put them on. I decided to get my raybans on my backpack and put them on as well.

"Disguise?" I said and he nodded.

"We're going to my favorite place in L.A." he smiled at me and I felt my insides flutter.

We hailed a cab and Luke told the driver where to go, I was just looking at him One, because he looked so ridiculous with his disguise. Two, because he failed trying immitate a low voice, when he told the driver where to go. Third, because he never seemed to let go of my hand. When I would subtly pull it away, he would grip it and not let go.