CHAPTER 31

"Home sweeeeet home at last," Ash exclaimed as the plane touched down in beautiful Australia.

The boys were all hyped up to see their families, I wanted to be happy with them but I can't.

"So, where will you stay, Jinny?" Calum asked as we walked down, on our way to meet their families who were waiting at the airport.

I sighed and that's when they noticed my uneasiness.

Luke glanced back at me, I don't know if it's just me or is it worry in his eyes? Okay, I didn't mean to notice everything he does but I just do. It's kind of a reflex I'm trying to tune out. You might say I still love him and I should just move on. Okay, I'm going there but it's hard so bear with me.

"Actually, I don't know," I admitted.

They were all about to say something but their mums came into view, smiling widely. I can see Mumma Liz and the whole Hemmings household, consisting of Uncle Andy, Benny and Jack. Mumma Hood, yes I call her Mumma Hood, Cal's Dad, Mali was there, too. Michael and Ashton's mums were there as well.

I left the boys to their families, standing awkwardly on my own.

I felt pathetic not having any family but I figured I should be used to it. I was sort of sulking there when all of a sudden, Jack pulled me in for a hug.

"Leijin you little punk, how have you been?" He was smiling widely, ruffling my hair.

"Been good, Jack. You seem good as well so I'm not gonna ask," I laughed.

Ben approached and I hugged him as well. That's when pretty much all of them noticed me. It was like I was suddenly put on the spotlight.

Uncle Andy came next, hugging me saying I grew up so fast. Mumma Hood saying she missed me, and Mali, too.

"I've always told you to just hang out with me, not with these boys. Now, you're boyish, Jinny. I knew it," she scolded but I can see the happiness in her eyes.

I hugged all of them, Cal's dad, Mike's mum and Ashton's mother.

"So you were the girl my boy keeps talking about," Ash's mum said as she pulled away holding my shoulders.

"What?" I smiled rather awkwardly, looking at Ashton to see what he was 'talking about'. He was eyeing his mom, furiously blushing.

Okay, it just became a lot more awkward. I think I know what he was 'talking about' based on the deep red color of his cheeks.

Liz came next, hugging me then saying, "You'll stay with us, Jinny, okay?"

I stuttered, "But Liz--"

"No buts. I've talked to John and he agreed."

Oh, Uncle. Why? Uncle John clearly knows what's going on with me and Luke and he agrees? The world is so cruel. I don't want to stay near him when I want to forget him.

"Say bye to them, we're going," Mumma Liz said with a firm smile.

I groaned as I made my way back to the the other three, saying goodbyes.

"Think about it, Jinny. I'll be waiting," Ash whispered as I hugged him last, referring to the kiss and his offer. Instantly, I felt uncomfortable in his embrace. I didn't want to think about it but there's a part of my mind keeping tabs on it, refusing to ignore.

I pulled away, forced a smile at him. He didn't look too happy, "You know, you can just stay at our house if you want to."

Oh. Somehow I felt relieved Liz did invite me over, "I can't say no to Liz. Sorry, Ash. Don't worry, I'll be fine."