CHAPTER 26

okay I want to put notes here at the top because I really love this chapter and I want you to enjoy the last words at the end of this chap.

You'll just get shocked like, dammit, that was it?!

I loved writing it, may have teared up a little. Hope you guys do too. Have tons up stuff coming up for you guys. spoiler, liz is coming ho ho ho

Shoutouts to Mae Johnson from the neighboring fan fic, tell your author I love her. :)

(If u wanna check that fanfic its a Michael Cliffo one, Imperfect Love wattpad.com/mikeygaskarth)

Your votes and comments are much appreciated ilysm -sam

----

LEI'S POV

The next day I busied myself with the whole lot of stuff I had to do since I left for 7 days, I missed 4-5 shows, I think? Ash showed me photos of when they went to the Grand Canyon and I almost regretted not being there. One week and I already feel so left out.

There were hundreds of photos taken by the substitute photographer when I left and were to be added on my folders and files. We arrived at the stadium and I got out first, dressed in a loose gray sweater, black tights, combat boots and a beanie.

I stayed with the staff, keeping distance from the boys the whole day, especially from Luke. He couldn't even approach me, they were too busy, they had the show tonight to prepare for.

Things got a lot more busy when they started letting people in. Everything was working fine and pretty soon I was standing with the large crowd of shouting fangirls, waiting for the boys (both 5SOS and 1D) to come out.

My camera was already close to my eye, ready to shoot when Ash came out,-- making the crowd go wild with anticipation -- instantly spotting me in the crowd, though I have no idea how he did. He winked at me as he went to his drumkit, twirling the drumsticks in his hands. I expertly took a shot and marvelled at how he looked so confident, so vibrant and alive on stage.

He banged his drums and out came Calum and the others, starting off with their first song. Everything was going smoothly, I had good shots of Ashton, Michael and Calum but when I tried to focus it on Luke, I felt the camera tremble in my hands. I set the camera hanging down and glanced at my shaking hands.

I took a deep breath. I felt pathetic, why am I like this? I was supposed to be strong. I was supposed to be able to get over Luke. I cleared my thoughts and focused at the task at hand.

I took the camera back in my hands, brought it to my eye and focused at Luke.

I can do this, I was mentally chanting as I pressed the shutter.

It was blurry. I took a few more and in the end I got pretty good shots.

As they finished performing, I resisted the urge to go backstage and give them the usual towels and bottles of water. Instead, I went beside Kylie, Nicole and Danielle and opened my Mac. I made small talk with them as I transferred the photos to my laptop, added credits and uploaded them on the tumblr page.

I saw the boys approach us and my reflex was to avoid them but the other part of my mind wanted to stay and be strong.

The latter part won.

"Heeey," Michael said, Calum, Ashton and Luke trailing behind, pulling some chairs to sit with us.

I smiled at them, "Wassup?"

"Were we good?" Calum said, grinning.

"Yep, like always," I replied and then we all started talking. Basically we just hung out near backstage, while watching the 1D boys onstage.