CHAPTER 6

I woke up with the sound of a phone ringing.

"Hey, mum?" somebody said. I shifted to my left side, to the sound of the voice talking.

It was Luke, talking to his mum, obviously. He was looking away so he didn't see me wake up. He was sitting at the edge of Cal's bed, which is next to my bed. I ended up sleeping on Luke's bed because Ash's was a mess. So, Luke shared Calum's bed.

Ash and Michael are currently snoring in harmony on the other side of the room on their own bunks. I checked the bedside clock, 8 AM.

I remember crashing on the bed immediateIy at Luke's bed as soon as I saw that it was cleaner, so basically I'm still in yesterday's clothes. I still feel tired, though. I guess I was strained by the sudden hectic schedule.

"You actually woke me up with your call, mum," Luke said and he yawned. "Its our day off today, I guess."

Its their day off? I thought. Cool, I can have time to arrange my apartment payments and to stop renting. I can also get my clothes if I'm gonna stay in with them.

"Yeah, we're fine. They're still sleeping, you called at 8 AM from a long day yesterday" he chuckled, "Okay, I'll just call you back later. Love you," then he hung up.

"You are such a sweet boy," I said.

He spun around to face me, a little startled. "Ugh, I forgot you were here. I almost thought Calum had started sounding like a girl."

I stood up, not caring what I looked like, my hair probably looked like a green bird's nest. I look like trash, I think. But I don't really care, I mean, I never cared what I looked like to other people.

I sat down beside Luke.

"Thanks for letting me use your bed, I would've survived on the sofa, though," I thanked and smiled at him.

He smiled and looked at the floor. "Of course, one of us should at least play the gentleman," he said, referring to the boys.

"Ash offered, too, but I was pretty grateful you asked. I mean, did you see his bed? I prefer the sofa if it comes to that," I laughed. "Wanna make breakfast?"

"I'm scared of your cooking, Lei. Ever since and until now," he snickered.

I lightly punched his arm. "I cook well now, for your information. As if you cook better than I do, you'll eat your words later, I promise."

I stood up.

"It's too early for breakfast. Maybe later," he said.

"Fine. Where's the bathroom,then?" I asked.

He told me where to go.

"Thanks, Lucas. I missed you, really," I said as I kinda bent lower to match his face and smiled widely.

He ruffled my hair and and something fell from his palm. I was about to get it when he suddenly pushed me - lightly, though - out of the room.

"Go away now, your breath stinks. Brush your teeth, Lei," he said with a rather shaky voice.

LUKE'S POV

I sighed as I reached for the object that fell from my hand.

Idiot, I cursed myself. You let your guard down and she almost caught you.

But I just couldn't resist not ruffling her hair. The way she smiled at me, I just lost control.

I stared at the photo in my hands. It was a photo I took last night, while they're all sleeping in the van. The frontside of the van where John and the driver were was closed by a compartment, I dunno. Lei looked so angelic sleeping, her eyebrows a bit furrowed because of Michael and Calum's head on her shoulders.

I remember almost freaking out when I took the photo. I used the white camera on her lap, and freaked out when I took the photo and the flash went off. I thought she would wake up.

I took the film, brought the camera back to her lap and sat back down on my own seat. I was waiting for the film to process, it was a freaking polaroid camera, I just realized when I heard Ashton stirring up in his seat. I quickly pocketed the photo and pretended to be asleep.

I pocketed the photo and sighed.

I don't know why I did that. Why I was doing this, I mean, what's happening with me?

My bestfriend came back and I feel all fidgety and nervous when she's around. I wonder if she noticed me tensing everytime she takes a photo at the events yesterday.

This is just the first day of being with her and I almost got caught doing something uncool and awkward.

I shook my head and cleared all unnecessary thoughts.

You just missed her, she's your bestfriend, she's been gone for almost 3 years and you missed her. I repeated in my head.