CHAPTER 29

"You'll be performing in THOSE?"

"Yep, as Ninja Turtles," Ash answered, showing me his costume.

Calum shrugged, while adjusting his purple eye mask, also already in his costume, "It's no big deal. It is the last show of WWA and we want to make it special."

Before I knew it my laughter echoed in the whole dressing room. We were in Miami, already in the stadium and the boys were dressing up because the show will start in a little less than an hour. I checked them on their dressing room and walked in on them trying out their ninja turtle costumes. They look like idiots I can't help laughing.

I went out because they had to prepare and Luke was about to change into his costume and I really didn't want to see that. I walked around and helped with the last minute preparations.

A little later, the whole stadium was set, the show about to start. I wished the boys goodluck and I was about to go out when somebody grabbed me.

I found myself face to face with Luke, I was quite surprised. These days he's just silent, sulky with a troubled look on his face. And he's wearing the exact same face right now.

"Lei.."

I fought hard to hide the silent gasp that almost went out of my mouth, apparently the effect he has on me still hasn't faded yet. When he says my name, I still feel the same strange, tingling delicious sensation. I felt it down to my spine.

"Yes? Make it fast, I have to go."

"It's just-I'm.. sorry for calling you a bitch," he scratched the back of his head, like it wasn't what he really meant to say.

I gave him a look.

"I mean- I mean, you are but it was rude to say it," he panted, words coming out fast.

I am a bitch but it was rude to say out loud? I was gnashing my teeth out of anger.

"Wow," I scoffed. "Thanks."

I didn't wait for his reply and spun away.

"Lei! Wait!"

The nerve of that dork!

I was fuming. There was no hope for friendship between us after everything. No hope at all.

I stomped outside the backstage to my photo ground but maybe because of anger, I crashed with somebody walking out as well. She almost fell down but I caught her hand, she seemed to come from the dressing rooms.

"Are you okay, miss?" I asked, worried. I smiled apologetically, "Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going."

She steadied herself and looked at me. I felt my smile slowly disappear.

It's her.

The redhead. Mae.

"Yes, I'm alright. You just sent me flying to the wall," she said sarcastically but in a joking way, then she laughed.

I couldn't force myself to laugh along with her as I felt every bit of self-esteem I have spiral down to rock bottom.

She's beautiful.

So fucking beautiful.

More beautiful up close than in the photo Calum showed me.

I cleared my throat, "Yeah, sorry. Really."

"It's okay. No blood, no foul," she held her skinny hands up, beaming at me. Then, she held out her hand, "Hi, by the way, I'm-"

"Mae," I smiled weakly while nodding.

"Wait, do we know each other? How did you know my name?"

"No, but I recognized you from Niall's birthday party. I'm with the crew. Also, I've been hearing about you.. from Michael," I said.

I saw her blush as I said Michael's name, she fidgetted with her fingers, "Oh, is that so.."

She studied me with her pretty brown eyes, "What's your name, then?"

"Leijin," I said. "But call me Jinny."

"Jinny, pretty name," she smiled.

What is this? This isn't what I expected from her. In my head I imagined her to be bitchy, mean and just trashy but she's not.

She's nice. Nicer than me.

Maybe that's why Luke likes her. And Michael, too.

I don't understand, I thought to myself.

"What? What is it that you don't understand?" she asked and I was too late to realize I've said it out loud.

I blurted out what I wanted to say without thinking, "Well, you seem real nice but why would you do this Michael and Luke? They're best friends, you know? And you can ruin it."

"What? What the hell are you talking about?" she looked so confused.

"You know what I'm talking ab-"

I was cut off by the sound of the crowd outside cheering. Crap, the show's starting.

I took one last look at Mae's puzzled face and I went out.

x

I tried my best to focus on tonight's show since it's the last and its extra special. And I got good ones, I'm proud of myself. I even stayed for the 1D boys' performances to take some few shots. Immediately after, I posted them on my tumblr.

The next morning I archived the photos on my Mac. Where We Are Tour ended superbly well, with a lot of fireworks, crying from the fans and maybe from the boys too, both 1D and 5SOS. Those 9 boys have been together on tour for 2 years and this is the last show they'll ever be together, it was bittersweet. As Calum's tweet last night said.

The tour ended but that doesn't mean any break for the boys and the crew. We were scheduled to fly to Mexico this week. The boys were all excited since they haven't been there.

And before that the boys are to guest on Jimmy Fallon. Another milestone omigods. Everyone was excited, and the day came and at the show they performed Good Girls, for a change and they're promoting it since its their new single. They sang some good ol' fall songs, and hell were they hilarious. Michael's pumpkin latte though.

Days later I sat on a window seat on the plane to Mexico, wondering what happened to Mae.

I never saw her after that encounter backstage. Why was she even there in the first place? Did she talk to Luke? Or Michael? Does Luke know about Mae hooking up with Michael as well? Because Michael doesn't seem to know, he only knows about James. Ugh, my head is going to explode with the questions.

I plugged in my earplugs and listened to Sam Smith singing about heartbreaks until I fell asleep.

-

filler or not?

you decide, next chap is tomorrow

ily gois

@adrenalinemgc