CHAPTER 4

I could feel myself finally relax as I sat back down in the seat between Calum and Michael at the back of their van.

Apparently they asked Uncle if I could ride with them on the way back to the hotel, so I just rolled with it.

I yawned, stretched out my arms to my sides, rested my left hand on Mike's shoulder and the other on Calum's, then I pulled them closer and gave their shoulder's a light squeeze.

"I still can't freaking believe that I'm with you guys again," I repeated for what seemed like the hundred time that day.

"Can't believe you're hanging out with celebrities now, huh?" Mike said.

"Yes, of course, that's what I'm happy for. Celebrity friends, Yay," I said, putting every bit of sarcasm I could muster and mocked laughter.

"Aw, come on, cut her some slack, Michael. She really missed us, didn't you miss her? 'coz I do," Cal said to Mikey and smiled at me.

"'Course I missed her, too. Maybe I also still can't believe she's here again," he smiled now, I can feel him finally relax in his seat, too.

I reached for my backpack which was lying on the floor, got my Instax and switched it on.

"Smile, Mikey," I said, putting my eye by the viewfinder and pressed the shutter released.

"Awww, no," he said but it was too late. The flash already went off as soon as I pressed it.

Cal laughed, "I'm pretty sure you'd look awful there, Mike."

I quickly got the printed film, set it down on my lap to process. And quickly aimed to shoot Cal, "Your turn."

Click.

Michael snickered, "Guess we'd both look awful on the photos."

"Jinny, I'd be glad to pose for you, you just need to inform me," Cal said.

"But I want a candid shot, something completely.." I paused. "Caught off guard, I guess."

"That's completely caught off guard, Jinny. Good job," Michael was still laughing. I also got the printed film and put it beside the other film which was now almost showing a startled Michael. Eyes closed as he was blinded by the sudden flash.

"Why not take photos from the camera that you use on photoshoots?" Cal wondered.

"Aren't polaroid films expensive?" Michael chimed in.

"These are for me. For special memories, I guess? There's something about polaroids that fascinate me I think. It brings back the old era of photos, where you get to be picky and choose the perfect moments when to take the photo because of the limited number of films. You get to cherish every film like cherishing every special moment," I explained.

"Lame," Michael said.

"Whatever, you asked and I answered," I defended myself.

"You guys, kept bantering, aren't you tired?" Cal said and yawned.

"I am, I mean, this is the busiest day I ever had, talk about being the photographer of the rising rock band 5 Seconds of Summer," I said.

"This is not our busiest day, though. You better prepare yourself, the coming days are a lot more hectic," Cal said and slunk back in his seat. "I'm gonna sleep, wake me up after 30 minutes, I guess?" he then rested his head by the window, putting his headphones on.

"Me, too," Michael said as he reached for something behind our seats. He then pulled a big white pillow, hugged it and rested his head by the window, and closed his eyes.

I took the photos on my lap, both if which are now fully processed. Perfect candid shots, I thought to myself.

I put the photos inside my pouch of polaroids inside my backpack. Left my instax out and looked how many films I still have. 2 films.

Ash just got inside the van, the van was actually cool, the seats behind the driver's seat were facing each other so Ash sat on the seat in front of Mike, facing us. Ash looked real tired and almost immediately closed his eyes after slinking back to his seat.

Luke just got in, I smiled at him and he smiled back, he then sat in the seat in front of Calum. He also looked dead tired and just looked out the window. I saw Uncle sit in the passenger's seat and the driver also finally went in. In just a few, we were speeding away, on our way back to the hotel.

I knew not to bother them at times like these. I mean who would want someone pestering you if you were fucking tired right?

And who wouldn't be fucking tired after playing in 4 different venues in one day. With almost a thousand fans to meet, lots of interviews, lots of questions to answer, some of which were already answered and just plain redundant. You eat later than the normal eating time. Not even adding the transportation, every arrival is a big event. You smile at everyone even if you're already a bit drained from the venue before.

Being the photographer of this band is a lot of hard work, I now realize. Now that they're in demand everywhere, they have to be everywhere. Not that I don't enjoy it. It's just.. I lost train of thought as I felt myself drifting into unconsciousness.

My last thought before I completely fell asleep is that these boys are a lot serious and stressed than they seem to be.