Chapter 9

They got into Harrison's car and started the drive to Jake's house

"So last night ended interestingly" said Harrison

"Yeah" replied Poppy, smiling at him as he watched the road

"Wanna talk about it?" he asked

"Depends what you're gonna say" she replied

"I was gonna say I hope it happens again" he laughed

"That's alright then" she laughed back "I thought you were gonna say it was a mistake"

"No way" he winked

They pulled up outside Jake's house and got out of the car. As she closed the passenger door, Harrison was suddenly stood in front of her and he stroked the side of her face and kissed her.

"Oh you really did mean you hoped it happened again soon" she laughed

"Sorry" he said, embarrassed "I've been thinking about you all day"

"Don't be sorry" she smiled and they kissed again

"Come on, we'd better go to this party" said Poppy eventually

As they walked up to the front door, Harrison took hold of her hand and she looked at him in surprise.

"Is this ok?" he asked

"Course it is" she smiled as he knocked on the door

"Come in, come in" shouted Jake as he opened the door and Harrison released her hand so she could go in first.

"So that's an exciting new development mate" she heard Jake say to Harrison as they walked through into the kitchen.

"Most people are outside" Jake told them as he handed them both a beer

They made their way into the back yard and went over to where Maxi was stood, talking to Mouse and Jesse.

"Hey guys" Maxi said as he winked at Poppy and slapped Harrison on the shoulder playfully.

"Has Jake got this barbeque going yet?" asked Mouse "I'm starving!"

They all laughed and shouted for Jake who was still inside

"I'll go and see what he's up to" said Poppy "I want my phone from my bag anyway"

Poppy wandered back inside and found her bag

"How many burgers do you think I should do" she heard Jake say from behind her, making her jump and in turn, making them both burst out laughing.

"Shit, I'm sorry Poppy" he laughed as he pulled her into a bear hug "I thought you knew I was there"

"It's ok" she laughed "Do you need a hand taking stuff out to the barbeque?"

"That would be great, thanks" he replied, still laughing

They carried all the food out and Jake started grilling. Poppy went around the few lifeguards that she had previously met and took photos of them all, to document her time in Bondi. She was also introduced to a few others called Chapo, Reidy and Jethro.

"There is so many of you" she whispered to Harrison

"Lot of names to remember hey" he smiled "Don't worry, I'll help you out"